We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9-10 days in Flores

Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
9-10 days in Flores

As part of a 25-day itinerary in Java and Flores (with perhaps 3-4 days of Bali in between, to skip if necessary), I could spend 9-10 days in Flores.

This is my very first tentative itinerary.

1) Flight Denpasar-Maumere.

In that area, could you suggest a good accomodation (not luxury, but not basic) with a nice beach (not crowded at all!) + good snorkeling?

I was considering going 26 km. east to Ankermi, but the reviews are getting worse nowadays.

If such a place exist I could stop a couple of days, otherwise...

2) Maumere to Moni or Detusoko.

3) Kelimutu in the early morning, then to Bajawa via Ende.

4) Bajawa for the traditional villages (Bena? Wogo?).

5) Bajawa-Ruteng. What to see on the way?

6) Ruteng-Labuan Bajo. What to see on the way?

7-8-9..) what is the best way for visiting Rinca + Komodo and Serayu+Kanawa?

Are there tours (e.g. 3D-2N) including it all? Or you suggest a 2D-1N trip to Rinca and Komodo + a couple of days (or a daytrip?) on one island between Serayu and Kanawa?

I really look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Louis Komodo and Flores Island Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Komodo Blessing Adventure
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Thomas Travel Adventures - Day Tours
Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Filan Travel
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9-10 days in Flores

Between Maumere and Moni you can stop at Wolawaru village. In 2009 when we were there some houses were still in their traditional style which is totally different than Bena or Wogo. Be sure to stop at Bena and Wogo, especially Bena.

After passing Ruteng you can make a stop at Cara village to see the Lingko rice fields that are in the shape of a spiders web. Our guide took us to a very high point in the village to look down over the fields for nice photos.

We went by boat from Labuan Bajo to Rinca to see the dragons and then had about one hour snorkelling on another island closer to Labuan Bajo This was just a day trip that took about 10 hours. We saw a lot of dragons on Rinca and got very close to all of them. I don't know if it is true but I have read that the dragons on Komodo are becoming frightened of humans because so many large groups come off of the cruise ships that stop there.

2. Re: 9-10 days in Flores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:40 am, June 20, 2013