We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Padang Airport to Bukittinggi

Which Padang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Padang Airport to Bukittinggi

I couldn't find exact info on this on the forums, so thought I would share my experience.

When you arrive in Padang and want to get to Bukit, you can either a) get a DAMRI bus fom the airport to the bus terminal and then get a bigger bus to Bukit or b) negotiate with one on the many shuttle guys outside the airport to get you to Bukit direct. We paid 150,000 for 2 for a shuttle van direct. Toe the airport is about 20km north of the actual Padang city.

As usual, there will be many stop offs along the way in the van, so it may take just as long as the original bus! Good luck!

3 replies to this topic
Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Padang Airport to Bukittinggi

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update. So even after all these years i.e. 2006 there is still no direct bus from airport up to Bukittinggi.

When you mention bus terminal you are meaning one has to travel into Padang like before.

Years ago one could get the Damri bus to drop one off ( a bit outside the airport ) and there was a 'travel car' to take one up to Bukittinggi for about 25,000 rupiah per person.

Sounds like that has changed.

Pamela

melbourne
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Padang Airport to Bukittinggi

Just made the trip today.

Arrived from Jakarta on Lion Air

Outside arrivals are three desks with price charts. Was quoted 260000rp which I mistakenly thought was per person. However it was for the car. The supervisor said 80000rp each for wife and me. We went to car while he looked for other passengers. Found another and driver said it was now only 60000rp each. We got a fourth passenger and left. Driver happy, everybody happy. We stopped for lunch on the way and he dropped us at hotel.

Hope this update helps.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Padang Airport to Bukittinggi

PaulkMelbourne,

Thanks a million for this invaluable update.

Look forward to any other reports you might have time to post on this forum.

Pamela

Reply to: Bus Padang Airport to Bukittinggi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted