We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Days in Padang

Which Padang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
6 Days in Padang

Hi

I'm EL from Singapore. I'm planning to backpack at Padang next month, I want to visit lake maninjau very much. I will be taking ferry to Batam Centre Ferry Terminal then depart to Padang Airport as I am trying to keep cost low.

Are there any advice on other activities I can carry out in Padang? How can I make my way to Lake meninjau and are there any accommodation there?

Regards

Ern

1. Re: 6 Days in Padang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 am, October 15, 2012
Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Days in Padang

Hi Ern,

I am not sure what time you will be arriving at Padang airport but as the new airport is very close to Bukittinggi I would make my way there.

It is a much better back packing place with lots of accommodation to choose from.

I personally like D'Enam- budget accommodation that is nice and comfortable.

From Bukittinggi you can get a local bus to Lake Maninjau.

Suggest you also try to get to the Harau Valley and stay at Abdi Homestay owned by Ikbal and his wife. Lovely people and their Homestay is in a very beautiful setting.

Do a search here on TA for Abdi Homestay and you will lots of information

Whilst in Bukittinggi you could ask around and see if the Rafflesia flower is blooming.

Definitely worth seeing.

Pamela on IPhone,

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Days in Padang

Hi Ern,

Forgot to mention.

Send me an email at pamela_fuge@yahoo.com.au and I can send 4 maps of the area Padang - though will be different after 2009 earthquake, Bukittinggi and 2 others of the whole West Sumatra showing the 'must see' sites.

Plus I have a large document of collected information that will be very very useful for you.

I truly love West Sumatra and have visited the area about 6 times out of my 9 visits to Indonesia.

What a shame you only have 6 days because you need at least 2 weeks to explore the area and beyond.

Pamela on IPhone,

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Days in Padang

Have u backpack to padang yet?

singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 Days in Padang

Yes Joanna I just got back to Singapore. I spent a total of 8 days in Padang.

Do you plan to backpack at Padang too?

Bukittinggi
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 Days in Padang

Thanks for visit West Sumatera:)

Melaka, Malaysia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 Days in Padang

Hi Pamela, I m Angel here and I will be visiting Padang soon. I would be most grateful if you could send me the map of Padang and any advise on car rental? My email address is durianmsia@yahoo.com.

Best regards, Angela

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 Days in Padang

Hi Pamela,

I'm Sadia from Singapore .

I'm going to Padang in Feb 2013 with my family and I have very short trip of 3 days . We try to maximise the best time spent in Padang and Bukit tinggi. Do you have any suggestion?

And by the way , do you have any contact of any local tour operator which I can contact for private sightseeing arrangement.

My email is saadiah_a@hotmail.com

Thanking you in advance & looking forward to hear from you soon.

Wish you a Happy New Year 2013

B.Rgds

AUSTRALIA
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 Days in Padang

hi there

If you have a short time to visit Padang or Bukittingi I suggest you visit the island Pagang, Maninjau, Anai Valley. I have a female acquaintance, a tourist guide, he will take care of all of your trips to the airport to pick you up Ushering you back to the airport. This woman is also clever as your driver's family. He's also not expensive to sell package tours or simply just hired as guides. I am sure you and your family will be satisfied with the advice and her maid. You can also stay at his own which Lorent Homestay. Luckily I still have his email address: Sovialorent85@gmail.com

Glad to help provide information to you.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 Days in Padang

Hi Veronica,

Thank you so much fr yr reply.

I will contact the tour operator which you recommended & plan my trip accordingly. I believe we will enjoy this Padang trip. Appreciate yr kind info & guidance.