We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sipiso - piso Waterfall and Berastagi for elderly?

Singapore
Level Contributor
473 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Sipiso - piso Waterfall and Berastagi for elderly?

Hi, I'm planning a 5D4N trip to Medan for my family and intend to spend 2 nights on Samosir Island and 1 or 2 nights in Medan. Please advise which hotel I should be staying in Medan for easy walking to shopping and eating. What are the modern shopping malls around? And if my parents can't trek, is it still possible to arrange a trip to Berastagi? Is there any other activities for them? And do I need to trek too to see Sipiso - piso Waterfall?

1. Re: Sipiso - piso Waterfall and Berastagi for elderly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, July 26, 2012
Medan
Level Contributor
983 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sipiso - piso Waterfall and Berastagi for elderly?

there main tourist street with hotels line up all along it is jalan sisingamangaraja or just SM raja but the hotel is not necessarary new anymore. grand aston hotel is located nicely opposite merdaka walk, a popular eating and hang out place and in walking distance to tip top restaurant (one of the oldest resto in mdn with dutch design and history, very popular among traveler)

swiss bell inn (not just "swiss bell" there are two of them in medan) in rite on the oldest medan"s hawker food centre, selat panjang, and walking distance to jalan semarang, not oldest but largest hawker food centre

modern shopping mall is sun plaza and cambridge mall (mostly F&B).

if ur not planning to climb the volcano then there no trekking involve in brastagi, just enjoy the cool weather and roam around town.

you dont need to trek to see the waterfall, its visible rite there from the parking place, though walking down to the falls is spectacular i dont think ur parents will be able to do it, its around 1hr one way

Singapore
Level Contributor
473 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sipiso - piso Waterfall and Berastagi for elderly?

Hi artemiofranch, thanks so much for your detailed reply. It seems hard to get any advice in this forum and your valuable advice here is really much appreciate and gives me a heads up on my travel plan. Yes, Berastagi seems like a great place to visit even if I'm not trekking due to the fantastic cool weather there and I had shortlised Mikie Hotel which seems the best there.

4. Re: Sipiso - piso Waterfall and Berastagi for elderly?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, March 03, 2013
5. Re: Sipiso - piso Waterfall and Berastagi for elderly?

6. Re: Sipiso - piso Waterfall and Berastagi for elderly?

7. Re: Sipiso - piso Waterfall and Berastagi for elderly?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 13, 2013