We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

Jakarta
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

Plan to spend time in manado city for the first few days and then for idul fitri on 30 and 31 aug go to bunaken for snorkeling. After that I am not sure. Any suggestions for some good day trips out of manado city or entertainment places in manado city?

Thanks

David

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

Hi David I suggest to visit Tangkoko Park: the main attraction of the park is the TARSIUS SPECTRUM (or simply Tarsius Monkey) for 2 days (1 night) and a small trip in the town of Tomohon (the middle name Tomohon is "City of Flowers") and MINAHASA and the lake of sulfur LINOW:

Manado in not interesting (this is my own opinion)

bye

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

Hi David I suggest to visit Tangkoko Park: the main attraction of the park is the TARSIUS SPECTRUM (or simply Tarsius Monkey) for 2 days (1 night) and a small trip in the town of Tomohon (the middle name Tomohon is "City of Flowers") and MINAHASA and the lake of sulfur LINOW:

Manado in not interesting (this is my own opinion)

bye

Jakarta
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

Thanks. Those seem like some interesting options.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

The nightlfe in Manado is worth checking out if you like pulsating discotheques.

bunaken is going to be full of people during the Lebarqan holidays so get your transfers organised.

Cheers and have a great time.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

Thanks for the tip on transfers. Not sure about the pulsating discos but a few beers and a game of pool will no doubt be on the cards. Read a bit about score. Any other spots worth a visit?

Manado, Indonesia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

well, score is nice place if u wnna hang out, also check out for haha cafe at mega mall or corner club at bahu mall, those are also nice spot for spend the night. There are nice place if u like to spend some time in island beside Bunaken & Siladen locate around Gangga Island, Bangka Island & Lihaga Island, that's group of small island around likupang district..u may wnna check them out for alternatives beside bunaken & siladen.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

Cheers! You mentioned some places I had not read about. Much appreciated.

8. Re: Manado from 26 aug to 4 sept 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 11, 2012