We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do other than dive

Which Manado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
1 post
Save Topic
What to do other than dive

Hello,

I have heard so much about Manado and am thinking of just going there to get away from the routines of daily life for 4-5 days. But I DO NOT DIVE nor do I have any desire to learn. (No offence to the world divers. It is just not my thing.)

So, what else could I do there? I absolutely love hills, mountains and lakes. I do not mind loads of walking. As long as my feet are on firm land, I'm fine. I would be travelling on my own but don't mind joining a goup once I am there. BTW, I fall in with the age group of persons young at heart.

Hope to get some feedback from those who have been ther, done that and want to come back for more.

Regards,

Aishah

vietnam
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do other than dive

Hi Aishah,

I have stayed in Manado for 2 years on a development project and I can suggest you many things to do around :

You can go from Manado to Tomohon, a mountainous town about half an hour from manado. From there, you can climb the Mahawu volcano: it is only an hour and a half walk, and the view from this volcano is impressive, you can see Bunaken island and also other volcanoes...

In North Sulawesi there is also the lake Tondano, it is pleasant and refreshing, surrounded by nice paddy fields. Don't forget to try 'ikan mas' or 'ikan mujair", the fresh fishes from the lake, at one of the floating restaurant, located just above the lake.

People in manado are warm, open-minded and friendly, you will like this region a lot, I'm sure !

There are not many tourists yet.

Indonesia
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do other than dive

Stay in Tomohon at Gardenia Country Inn, you can google it and find info, 9 years I live and run a Resort on Bunaken and I send all my guests to Gardenia; quiet, peaceful, lovely people, good food, beautiful views, comfortable Cottages, exquisite gardens, tour desk , the girl to speak to is Selvi, she speaks English.

I am 100% you will love it....all my guests do.

Regards

Raf

3. Re: What to do other than dive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, October 04, 2009