We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM Card for Calls and 3G

Which Bintan Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
47 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
SIM Card for Calls and 3G

Hello,

I am coming to Singapore in Mid August. Want a Local SIM from the airport which has cheap 3G internet and also good calling rates back home to India?

Also, I am going to Bintan for couple of days, so does the same Singapore SIM works in Bintan or do I have to buy a new SIM there??

Awaiting your prompts replies advisors !!!

Bintan Island...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: SIM Card for Calls and 3G

Singapore & Indonesia (Bintan Island) have different satellite SIM card area & also the operator. Suggestion, buy new (local) SIM card cellular during in Indonesia (Bintan Island); thanks.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
47 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SIM Card for Calls and 3G

Can I get it at the ferry terminal?

Bintan Island...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: SIM Card for Calls and 3G

You can buy it out of " The Sri Bintan Pura " TanjungPinang ferry terminal area.

There is local market "Merdeka Street" area nearest from above located; approximately a hundred meter where we can find SIM card cellular stores, thanks.

Have nice visit at TanjungPinang city.

4. Re: SIM Card for Calls and 3G

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bintan Island