We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bintan - November Honeymoon

Which Bintan Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Western...
5 posts
Save Topic
Bintan - November Honeymoon

Me and my husband to be are looking at going to Bintan for our honeymoon in November, but are still really undecided as we do not know anyone who has been to Bintan. Can anyone recommend Bintan as a honeymoon destination? What is there to to do there? Has it got nice beaches? and is it expensive for meals, drinks, entertainement?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bintan - November Honeymoon

We have booked our Honeymoon for October. November is the start of the monsoon period so the weather may not be that great. Do a search on the forum and a few people discuss the weather at various times. We book after recommendations from other and some travel agents. In terms of expense I am preparing to pay, our hotel is USD and expensive, so assume all else is expensive too. Someone on the forum did suggest buying alcohol at the ferry terminal and taking to the various resorts. Maybe be something to look at.

Perth, Western...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bintan - November Honeymoon

I think we have now changed our minds about Bintan, as it seemed a bit expensive for Indonesia, and the rain etc is quite un-predictable.

What hotel are you staying at?

We have now started looking at places in Fiji.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bintan - November Honeymoon

we have booked at Banyan Tree for a week. We are spending time in Singapore before hand, so hopefully the relaxing part of the honeymoon will be Bintan

Bintan
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bintan - November Honeymoon

Everyone says Bintan is very expensive which is not true. If you know your way around Bintan it is cheaper than Singapore. We do have resorts located very close to the beach which cost less then S$100.00 on Bintan. For Spa and food you can try at Aura. They provide free transfers from the hotel.

Monsoon season starts around third week of November and sometimes the sea can be rough.

I have been staying on the island for the last 17 years and i love the peacefulness and rustic charm the place has to offer. A perfect place to spend your honeymoon.

Edited: 10:46 am, August 05, 2010
Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bintan - November Honeymoon

Hi. Congratulations on your wedding and upcoming honeymoon.

I have stayed at Bintan, at The Bintan Lagoon Golf Resort. It was quite pricey but was beautiful. It is quite secluded so really nothing else to do apart from be at the resort. There is a number of different restaurants, a bar, nightclub, a couple of pools one with swim up bar, massage/spa centre, plus it's own private beach with water sports.

We went to Singapore first for the shopping and sightseeing, then on to Bintan for the last 4 days to relax and do not much of anything except relax, eat & swim.

We loved it and I would highly recommend it for a honeymoon getaway.

singapore
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Bintan - November Honeymoon

wow....what a coincidence...it is also our honeymoon on the same period...yr question will help us too especially after reading all the bad reviews on bintan

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
206 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bintan - November Honeymoon

I wonder whether there is a cheaper spa. Do I need to call them in advance?

8. Re: Bintan - November Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:33 am, April 17, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Bintan Island