We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Singapore to Bintan

Sydney
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Singapore to Bintan

Hi... not sure if this should be in Spore or Indonesia,

Having about 5 days in Singapore and then thinking of catching the ferry to Bintan

Not knowing the island, in your opinion, is Bintan worth a long day visit, like get the early morn ferry from Spore and return on the late ferry, or should we book some reasonable accomm and stay a few days ?

Thankyou

Sydney
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Singapore to Bintan

Bintan Cabana Beach Resort has some very reasonable accommodation advertised. Has anyone any knowledge of this place.

I think the original post is fairly well covered, sorry... but still interested in the accommodation aspect and if there are day trips available there, should we just only stay a day...

Thankyou

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond-upon-Thames, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Singapore to Bintan

me personally would stay over night or stay a couple of nights.

We stayed at Nirwana Gardens.

http://www.k1w1brad.com/indonesia.htm

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Singapore to Bintan

better to stay for a couple of nights. not worth a day trip as is two hour travel time.

Bintan
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Singapore to Bintan

There are two ways you can go to Bintan Cabana Beach Resorts. The first way is by ferry to Tanjung Pinang the capital of Bintan. The ferry ride is about 1hour and 45 minutes and 1 hour by land. The Second way is by ferry to Teluk Sebung where you will disembark at BBT ferry terminal. The ferry ride is about 50 minutes and another 1 hour by land. The Cabana is located 50 meters from the beach. I have been there several times and I would recommend you stay a few days to unwind and relax yourself.

Bintan
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Singapore to Bintan

There are so many things you can do in Bintan. The hotel rates starts from Sin $110 and above. We have nice beachfront where you can swim and enjoy yourself in water sports activities, We have quite a number of spas and restaurants where you can relax and enjoy yourself.

If you are a golfer we have four golf courses and Ria Bintan is known to be the best in South East Asia.

. I would recommend you spend a few days and bookings can be done via the website or thru the travel agent in Singapore

Middlesbrough, UK
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Singapore to Bintan

I'm planning to go to Bintan from Singapore soon and wondered if anyone knows anything about visa on arrival. Can they be purchased from BBT?

7. Re: Ferry from Singapore to Bintan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Bintan Island