We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bintan can be Value for Money if you know what to do

Which Bintan Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Bintan can be Value for Money if you know what to do

I just came back from Bintan over the weekend with my friends. Like what some friends told me, Bintan is expensive and boring. I went through this forum and pick up some tips and advice.

I booked our accomodation at Bintan Lodge

ibudgethotel.com/pages/…bintan-lodge.cfm

Bintan Lodge is located in town and within walking distance to Pasar Oleh2 and the market. The 4 of us were happy as the accomodation is spacious and we feel at home. I would say decent accomodation and good enough for us to chill.

To move around we book a car with a driver which cost us $100 a day. We went to the beach for water sports, went to the go-kart, had durians along the way and went to the kelong at Tg Uban for dinner. We really had a good time. With the driver around we could go any where and felt very safe. This was what we had in mind when we planned our trip. We do not want to be stuck in the resorts where it can be pretty boring after a while.

We also pampered ourselves at the Aura Spa.

http://auraspabintan.com/

The service was excellent and charges very reasonable. Not wonder all their 4 outlets are well patronised - 2 at pasar oleh2 and 2 more at the new rows of shop houses behind the market. I would say it is the largest spa chain in Bintan. We spent 5 hours in the spa pampering ourselves from head to toe. Really value for money . They provide pick and send services if you spend more than $50 at the spa.

The next day the driver drove us to Tg Pinang wich is 1 hour drive away. This is totally a different atmosphere compared to the Bintan resorts - very chaotic .

My friends and I trully enjoyed ourselves. Apart from the spa and personal shopping, each of us spent less thab $130 on ferry tickets, accomodation and transport for a 1 night stay in Bintan.

So Bintan is not expensive if you know where to stay and what to do.

We have agreed to make Bintan our monthly getaway from Singapore.

singapore
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Bintan can be Value for Money if you know what to do

S u guys is totally free n easy tour?

How can i get the driver to drive us to tg pinang?

Im planing to bintan wif my buddy geng on sept, any advice to me to refer?

TKS YOUR ADVICE.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bintan can be Value for Money if you know what to do

Be very careful with the weight of your luggage-they charge for overweight both directions. Our luggage was fine to go but overwieght to come back but we didnt bring anything extra...how did that happen? lol

3. Re: Bintan can be Value for Money if you know what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bintan Island