We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Currency

My wife and i will be on Bintan island for five days in November and i was wondering if it is advisable to get Indonesian currency or will Singapore dollars be accepted?

Can anyone help !!!!

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
949 posts
1,598 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency

Hi,

It depends what you are doing. If you are just staying in one of the resorts S$ will be fine. If you are going to get out and explore the island, you will need rupiah.

Even if the resort, I would have some rupiah to avoid any possible bad exchange rate if you make some payments in rupiah.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency

Agree, those that will take your Sing Dollars will do so at a premium. Money changers in Singapore are very good - Lucky Plaza is in the middle of Orchard Road and very competitive. Just walk around ground and basement levels for 3 mins and compare rates among the various changers.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency

Thanks for the reply's

We will now take local currency as well as S dollars.

Happy travels

4. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:38 am, October 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bintan Island