We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bintan Weather in December?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Bintan Weather in December?

I'm bringing my 2 kids age 2.5 & 6.5 to Bintan Lagoon from 1 Dec to 5 Dec.

They loved beaches and pool & it's the 1st time i'm bringing them there.

But I read it's the NE monsoon & Bintan Lagoon's positioning seems to be right smacked in its path.

Will it be a wasted trip for my kids?

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Lagoon Resort
Bintan Lagoon Resort
2,824 Reviews
Bintan Island, Indonesia
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Bintan Regency, Indonesia
Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bintan Weather in December?

I not sure about Bintan Lagoon facillaties but i been to Nirwana Gardens. Bintan rain surely is heavy, it can rain for few hours, especially during the monsoon season.

It would be a wasted trip if it rains every day.

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Lagoon Resort
Bintan Lagoon Resort
2,824 Reviews
Bintan Island, Indonesia
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
singapore
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bintan Weather in December?

The weather is similar to Singapore - Bintan is only 35 miles away. The monsoon season does not usually start until mid December but always difficult to predict. At most it will rain for a day or two but typically it would be light rain rather than the 'sumatras' that last for an hour or two the rest of the year. I would be more concerned about your choice of hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
950 posts
1,665 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bintan Weather in December?

Hi,

Remember Bintan is only around 40 kilometers from Singapore so you can expect the weather to be pretty much the same as there.

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
900 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bintan Weather in December?

Hi All,

I'm intending to go to Bintan this coming christmas. Can i check if anyone have any idea if all seasports facilities like jet-ski, kayaking etc will be closed? Meaning that if it isn't raining, will it be closed also?

I'm considering Bintan Lagoon Resort or Nirwana...

any idea if which one will be better considering the Monsoon Rain?

Thank you.

Suying

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Bintan Lagoon Resort
Bintan Lagoon Resort
2,824 Reviews
Bintan Island, Indonesia
Bintan
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bintan Weather in December?

The Monsoon season starts around Mid November and ends usually around first week of February. The sea state can sometimes be very bad and swimming on the beach is not allowed. The Nort East current usually sets inshore towards the beach thus bringing in debris and garbage.

Bintan Lagoon beach is facing South China Sea and if you bring your kids during the North East Monsoon swimming pool is the best option

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Lagoon Resort
Bintan Lagoon Resort
2,824 Reviews
Bintan Island, Indonesia
Bintan
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bintan Weather in December?

Nirwana Garden is facing Johore Straits and Bintan Lagoon South China Sea. During North East Monsoon season which has already started the sea at Bintan Lagoon will be much choppier.

Both Nirwana and Bintan Lagoon has sea sport activities and it will depend on the sea condition. I belief Safety is the main issue and if weather permit sea sport activity will be on.

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Lagoon Resort
Bintan Lagoon Resort
2,824 Reviews
Bintan Island, Indonesia
7. Re: Bintan Weather in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bintan Island