We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel in Bintan

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel in Bintan

Hi, if anyone could recommend a hotel in Bintan, it would be great.

Will be me and my girlfriend (aged 25-30), but literally looking for a quiet place, where we can catch up on sleep, swim, go for walks and eat.

Nothing too luxury, looking to pay 200-300SGD a night

Away from kids would be great

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Bintan Regency, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel in Bintan

Hi Martin,

If you do not want to have too many kids around, Angsana Resort or even the Mayang Sari Beach would be ideal for you.

If you go for Mayang Sari, do take the Seaview Chalets. It's smack right on the beach with a enchanting view.

You may like to contact my usual Agent at tours@brf.com.sg

Cheers,

Minnie

Mentioned in this post
Angsana Bintan
Angsana Bintan
1,759 Reviews
Bintan Island, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
164 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel in Bintan

Do take note though, if you're keen on Mayang Sari, that it is situated next to a beach club that becomes a NIGHT CLUB till 3 or 4 in the morning!

Mayang Sari used to be my favourite of the bintan resorts,but now you're pushing your luck if you're left with a chalet right next to the booming music!

Check out all the TA Bintan hotel reviews. Then you can make an informed decision.

Have a nice trip!

: )

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel in Bintan

Yep. Mayang Sari is beside Nirwana Beach Club which they have Beach parties every Saturday nights. If you are staying on weekdays, that's perfect.

If u are going on the weekend and like the Mayang Sari tho, you may request the chalets to be right on the other end. & yes.. do read the reviews of the chalets.

Cheers,

Minnie

Mentioned in this post
Nirwana Beach Club
Nirwana Beach Club
157 Reviews
Bintan Island, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
164 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel in Bintan

One more thing Martin if you're actually heading to Singapore before taking the trip to Bintan, you might wanna book via a local travel agent here (in Singapore).

It's usually cheaper (sometimes lots cheaper especially if it's a pricier resort) booking with a local agent, with a free night thrown in during off-peak seasons (monsoon season coming up from November).

BTW, Angsana was also lovely the last time I went there, with a free night and discounted massages thrown in.

Cheers!

: )

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Bintan Island
Bintan Island
Angsana Bintan
Angsana Bintan
1,759 Reviews
Bintan Island, Indonesia
uk
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for hotel in Bintan

Bintan Lagoon Hotel is fab and very quiet when we was there in april, also good price booking with BF? in singapore. Look at minnies booking agent i think its the same one.

Mentioned in this post
Bintan Lagoon Resort
Bintan Lagoon Resort
2,824 Reviews
Bintan Island, Indonesia
Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for hotel in Bintan

All of the hotels get pretty full of kids so difficult to avoid them - Indra Maya might be your best bet but could be out of your price range. Alternatively try Nikoi Island - a bit further away.

Mentioned in this post
Nikoi Island
Nikoi Island
774 Reviews
Nikoi Island, Indonesia
Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for hotel in Bintan

And don't forget your Visa on Arrival if you're holding a UK passport!

8. Re: Looking for hotel in Bintan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bintan Island