We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry

Which Batam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jtang
Level Contributor
169 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry

Hi all. Just a quick question. Has anyone has experience checking in luggage for ferry trips to Batam? Is it easy and fuss free? I am still debating whether to try to squeeze everything in a bag or pack freely in a luggage. There are so many things to bring for my toddler who is travelling for the first time. Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
335 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry

Hi jtang,

Well you can also carry the whole luggage into the ferry. You can save on the tips cost, which is around SGD$2 at batam upon request. bring a luggage there is a very wise thing to do, especially you are gonna buy alot of things at the local hypermart.

Cheers!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry

Jtang,

before you check-in to the ferry, there is a luggage drop off place next to toast box on 2nd floor of Harbour Front. The limit is one luggage per passenger for 20kg max. Any extra weight is charged $1/kg.

When you reach batam, you can wait for your luggage after the immigration checkpoint. The porter will bring out your luggage. I usually just give them the receipt and carry the luggage out of the terminal myself. Normally the porter would insist to carry it for you and if that's the case, just tip him about Rp 10,000 / luggage.

When you depart batam, you can also get the porter to carry the luggage for you for the same amount of tip. And after immigration checkpoint, you will your luggage on the right side before you exit the arrival area on your left.

In you case, I would definitely get porter to do carry stuffs for you while you can give full attention to your toddler.

Cheeeerrsss

jtang
Level Contributor
169 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry

Yihanz: Thanks. I wanted to bring up the luggage to the ferry too but I measured my luggage, it was over the maximum measurements allowed for carry in so I have to check in.

Chandrana: Thanks for the detailed reply! I have no worries about bringing my luggage after reading your reply!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry

jtang,

you are most welcomed. Hope you have a smooth, fun, and safe trip!

cheeerrss

5. Re: Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Batam