We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How and where to book boat fishing day trip?

Singapore
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Topic
How and where to book boat fishing day trip?

Hi all,

My husband and myself will be going Batam on 21 Sept for a 3D2N stay. My husband loves deep sea fishing so may I know how should I go about to charter a boat for fishing? We only want to go for day fishing not night.

2nd question: Since we will be going for day fishing, do you think it's better for us to stay at Turi Beach Resort, Harris Resort at waterfront or BCC Hotel in the city. Thinking of spending sometime for shopping too if time permits.

Thanks in advance.

Linda

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How and where to book boat fishing day trip?

1. I have no clues about chartering a boat for fishing but from what I know, usually people just go with their local friends to go fishing and stay overnight and stuffs like that. I will ask around and relay back to you.

2. I strongly suggest you to check with Turi Beach and Harris Resort if they have any info on your fishing trip. I would think they should know something being just next to the sea and such.

Strictly from resort facilities and area, I would pick Turi over Harris Resort anytime. If you are talking about shopping and things to do, definitely BCC or any hotel in city area.

But again, this would depends on where is exactly the place to fish since fishing is your main thing. I will get back to you when I know more.

cheers

Singapore
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How and where to book boat fishing day trip?

Hi Chandrana,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Yes, would really appreciate if you can help find out how I can go about chartering the fishing boat. Then I can book my resort in peace.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!!!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How and where to book boat fishing day trip?

Hey spitz,

i think you need to skip the fishing trip. According to a fishing enthusiast friend of mine, it is not advisable for foreigners to charter a fishing boat with locals here. Mainly for safety reasons. There isn't a place in Batam that he knows off that have fishing boats for rentals.

However, if you are really adventurous, you can go to Barelang bridges area. They have some local piers and you can probably talk to the fisherman there if they would bring you to fish.

So again, the main concern would be your safety. Try your luck with the resorts, maybe they can help you out.

cheersss

Singapore
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How and where to book boat fishing day trip?

Good morning Chandrana,

It's sad to hear that we are not able to charter a fishing boat...

Nevertheless, just like what you said, shall try my luck with the few resorts. Hopefully they offer fishing activities ;))

Thanks for all the advice!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How and where to book boat fishing day trip?

No problem! Hope you get lucky =) If not, I am sure you will enjoy the other things.

cheeers

6. Re: How and where to book boat fishing day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 08, 2013