We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed

Which Batam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Help needed

Dear all,

I will be going batam this fri 17 Aug - 20 Aug and i got a taxi driver contact from my boss who went batam last weekends. I have already booked him but sadly he cannot speak much English. So i have to write down all the places that i wanna go on a piece of paper then show it to him.. (i guess this can do the trick?)

Any idea where i can eat live and nice seafood? Also where i can buy nice crispy keropok? And where are the places that i must go?

Melisa

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Help needed

No way... Rasa rasa is a goner man since they renovated. In fact they have changed owner. But I haven't tried again since they changed ownership.

If you are talking about "Acia" behind Rasa-rasa then I sort of agree. "Acia" is currently the best-selling Ikan Bakar in batam. Is it the best taste? That's relative. But it's definitely selling the most BBQ Fish in Batam right now.

Cheeersss

Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Help needed

Fellow Batamers, Chandrana n Richard, any opinion where is the better Indonesian food resto? Does Batam Kuring, Kelapa Gading, or Resto Kolekta counts. Help share plizz. I was under the impression that Sanur has- good standards?

Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Help needed

i wouldnt recommend those three tho i don't know if there are any Kelapa Gading resto in Batam .

Sanur in the other hand have good indonesian foods and so does Resto Kediri . both are located within Batam Center .

this is just my say . i believe when it comes to food , chandrana has better ideas .

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Help needed

Hi,

Chandara I think I might hop over this monday for a day and try the ikan bakar. Is it nr the Batam Ctr?

This is my first trip there & I hope I don't lost my way...hahaha..

If I am lost, I just u-turn back to sg since I Hotel is fully booked...heheh..

I am just curious with all the ranting of delicious food that made me drool...

I hope curiosity don't kill the cat..wakakaka..

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Help needed

JJJyoung,

Sanur is an okay place but I personally wouldn't go there.

Resto Kolekta, I am not sure if this is the "Blok 3 citra pempek" you are talking about. If it is, then I think you should go.

For indonesian food, you can always go to Sederhana Padang restaurant. It has consistent standard.

You can try "bumbu desa" a new sundanese restaurant on Sei Panas just after the tunnel.

That's all for now =)

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Help needed

zab,

sorry for the late response. You are probably in batam now. ahahaa

the "acia" is in nagoya.

oh the food here is good. Some of them are damn good! But if you are a tourist and trying to find good food, that would be a bit more difficult.

It's like when I go Singapore, i wouldn't know to go Jurong or Boon Lay area to find the famous Duck noodle.

hehehe... but anything i can help, just msg me. when it comes to food, i am all game =)

cheeeersss

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Help needed

Hi,

It was raining, I did not get to go..

However, I will go next yr when it is not rainy season..got enough of rain yesterday at USS Sentosa...

Thx for the info anyway & my apologies for spelling your name wrongly...

See ya nxt yr...:)

Cheers...

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Help needed

no problem.. hope you get to enjoy yourself in Batam...

29. Re: Help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 19, 2013