We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some questions

singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
Some questions

Hi,

Gonna head to Batam probably from 21-22 Aug 2012, and here are the questions:

Will the malls and massage centres etc. be open, or will it still be closed due to post Hari Raya celebrations?

Say.. if I'm considering purchasing a 2 way ticket, and the return option is "open", does this mean I can pick any timing and any day for my return? (I know this is more of a question for the ferry counter staff but if anyone knows, please give a shout, thanks)

I'd be staying at Triniti Hotel probably, is Harbor Bay Terminal the nearest to the hotel, or do I have to alight at some other terminal?

If Harbor Bay Terminal is the nearest, how much approximately is the cab ride there, or is walking viable as well?

By the way, is Harbor Bay Terminal the one with the huge bridge from the mall to the ferry platform?

I remember going to a great neighbourhood eatery - Rumah Makan Adi 8, anyone know where exactly is it?

It's my first visit here w/o any friends who are more seasoned and because my memory is a lil hazy, just wanna verify some details.

I'm sorry for this truckload of questions,

Cheers everyone!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some questions

Some answers...

1. Mostly open

2. Yes, make your return trip booking at any time in harbour bay mall counter when you arrive in harbour bay terminal. You can walk there in 5-10 mins.

3. Harbour Bay is nearest

4. Rp 50,000 for 5 mins. Walking is about 20-25 mins maybe (not advisable)

5. Yes

6. Adi-8 is my favorite food in Batam =) Amazing you could find it without a local. Anyway, it's in Baloi Mas area behind 'Indomobil'. That's all you need to say to taxi. About 15-20 mins ride for Rp 70,000 from your hotel.

singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Some questions

Alright, thanks alot Chandrana!

Do you have any recommendations for where to go for massages?

Hahaha, my friends and I were lost on one of our times, and we ended up walking & walking and we just ended up outside Adi 8. Must have been our lucky day.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some questions

My personal favorite is 'Indothai'. From trinity it's only 3-5 mins walk on your way to Nagoya Hill mall. It's located next to 'The hills' hotel just side by side with 'Spa Secret'.

Oh wow.. lucky you. Not many tourists get to try their heavenly 'garlic fried chicken' and 'fried prawn with salted egg'. hahahaha... you shoulda buy 4D that day!

How many of you coming btw?

singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Some questions

it's just me & my girl this time, usually i go in a bigger group and with some malay friends, cos my bahasa isn't really that good, can understand but can't speak fluently so i just wanna get most of the directions & information settled to minimize any asking.

i have one confirmed massage centre to head to already, but i only recognise it by the location ( opp nagoya hills) , can't recall the name.

Was browsing through some of the past threads and Spa Secret seemed to have mixed reviews, so i'm still thinking should i drop by. Anyway i'm going for only 2D1N so at most also only 2 massages haha.

Yeah i loved the garlic fried chicken, wash it down with the usual Teh Botol, and life's good.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some questions

Ah i see... it seems like you are pretty much set to go so nothing to worry.

Hmmm a lot of massage centers opposite nagoya hills... but as long as you been there and like it, that's most important.

I never had problem with Spa Secret. One thing to note, they are more expensive than the rest in city area but IMO, it's worth the money especially for the atmosphere. Since you gonna walk pass them anyway, why don't you just stop by and ask them to show you the massage and spa place and then you can decide. It's always best to view before you commit =)

buhahaa... u sound like indo already... we do love our teh botol. I think I will be around when you come. So if you want, can have dinner together... i never say no to adi-8. hahaha... save your taxi cost there! lol

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Some questions

Hi,

Just to check will the shops and massages be open on 19th and 20th as well?

Was thinking to make a short getaway during these two days.

Thanks!

singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Some questions

19aug is the day hari raya falls exactly on, hahaha not a good idea man.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some questions

I am sure some massages and shops would open... but most would probably be closed on 19-20 and reopen on 21. I don't suggest you coming here =)

9. Re: Some questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Batam