We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

singapore
Level Contributor
371 posts
1 review
Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

Hie

Is there a difference between Polo Ralph Lauren shirts and POLO shirts ?

Where can I find the shops in Batam ? Both, Polo Raplh Lauren and POLO shirts.

Thank you very much.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
1. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

Its actually the same, Ralph Lauren is the brand. Polo is the line. so its actually POLO by RALPH LAUREN. RALPH LAUREN is another line by itself. The indonesian POLO is authentic as Only Indonesia and Thailand has exclusive rights to manufacture original Polo for their own local market. The material is not as good as the Singapore standard but for the price your paying, its still value for money. There are lotsa Polo shops in batam. every harbour carries them and most of the major shopping malls carry POLO boutique.

Singapore
1 post
2. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

Actually from my past working days in Batam, I was informed that there is a difference between POLO and Polo Ralph Lauren. Basically POLO is kinda like an imitation Ralph Lauren only available in Indonesia. Reason being is that an Indon Businessman registered the business name POLO in Indonesia long before Polo Ralph Lauren penetrated into the Indonesian market. So the brand POLO actually refers to a local POLO brand and is original from that perspective. However, for the Ralph Lauren products, you need to buy it from the shops which bear the full name Polo Ralph Lauren as due to copyrights law, Ralph Lauren is not able to use the term POLO in Indon by itself.

Edited: 1:55 am, January 28, 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
3. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

LOL. That makes a great case study for an MBA Class.

Maryland
1 post
4. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

This is just something cool I found, you can't buy anything here but it gives a cool history of Ralph Lauren and the Polo Sport brand and how it came to be.

www.polosport.org

Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

Wow, this topic is so random. My personal take is, it doesn't matter which is original! I own polos by these brands and both are good.

I am not an expert until I can tell the difference between the materials they use. But I do 'feel' that the material of POLO is not as good as Polo by Ralph Lauren. With that said, I have more POLO than Ralph Lauren brand because simply it's much cheaper and looks good even after 1 year of use. Give you a reason to buy a new one right? hahaha...

With that said, you can find these in Harbour Bay terminal and also Megamal Batam. They have some other outlets somewhere but easier to go to those two locations.

10 posts
6. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

Is it expensive? Range abt?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

has anyone been to the factory outlet at Penuin Centre ?

is it worth the trip?

what other brands at the outlet?

how far from nogoya goodway hotel?

how much should i pay for taxi?

Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
473 posts
8. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

passed factory outlet a number of times and i don't really know but maybe i should visit that place one day .

it's worth a visit , gain new experience as to whether it's nice or worth the next visit .

by car from goodway - 10 minutes less .

rp35k - 40k . just giving the normal price i'd bargain for . but 50k will get you a cab without any negotiations .

Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
66 reviews
9. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

You can give the factory outlet a skip... lol... not worth your trip

Batam, Indonesia
Level Contributor
473 posts
10. Re: Polo RAlph Lauren and POLO shirts.

what's in it anyways ?

Get answers to your questions about Batam