We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam 3D2N Trip

Singapore
9 posts
Batam 3D2N Trip

Hi,

My friend and I are planning a trip to Batam on 21Mar, a 3D2N trip.

We have not been to Batam before so would like to seek some advise =)

I am not sure 3D2N too long or too short a trip?

What are the 'must go' and 'do not go' places there?

We intended to book Hotel Purajaya Bidakara Batam resort, but am not sure if the place is good.

Would appreciate all tips that are given (^.^)

Thanks in advance ~^.^~

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

Icy

Batam is not a nice place for 3D2N,maybe a day trip.

Might as well go to Bali or JogJakarta

Singapore
9 posts
2. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

Can I know what is to be expected at Bali or JogJakarta as I have only heard of these places,

Kuala Selangor...
Level Contributor
372 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

I agree with previous post.

But sure enuf Batam is very near to S'pore if you're from S'pore lah..

Anyways, Bandung is also not bad for a trip for shopping cheap2 textile goods.

Of course Bali is in top chart for vacation.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

goto

http://travelindo.com

http://www.indonesia-tourism.com

Singapore
1 post
5. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

Hi,

I just came back from Purajaya yesterday, it's horrible and a nightmare for me.

The resort lobby was fine, it's airy and clean BUT the room and the corridor has a very bad moldy smell. We get the staff to stray air freshener but it doesnt help at all.

Next is the Heliconia restaurant. It's the one and ONLY place where you can eat in the resort (meaning you breakfast, lunch, dinner will all be there. Because if you want to eat else where you have to pay SGD$20~$30 for transport out). They only have very limited variety of food and it taste terrible. (To be honest most of the resort in Batam and Bintam dont serve very good food BUT this Heliconia in Purajaya is the WORST!!) The buffet fruits are COVERED with flies and when you complained to the restaurant staff they just gave you a "so what" expression.

For breakfast buffet, they serve you left over vegetable from last night's buffet, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, porridge, rice, noodle. No hotdogs, No Bacon!!! Just eggs!!!

Kuala Selangor...
Level Contributor
372 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

gee sounds so terrible...definitely wont go there.

TQ

singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

Yes indeed I have stayed in Purajaya, just a chaotic place, dirty , unfriendly and no standards.

Go for the Harris Resort batam, the best one for families and children. Clean, choice of restaurants, including steak house, pizzeria, leisure center with bowling and a beautiful giant swimming pool.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
168 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

Thanks for the advice, the Harris looks good. I'll check it out further.

Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

I would suggest holiday inn resort batam situated further away from town.It have one or two bedroom rooms, quite big.Not more than S$250 a night.You should check more on its hotel details.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
24 posts
10. Re: Batam 3D2N Trip

Will suggest Harris Batam Resort. Nice and clean. They have shuttle bus to bring you to the town for shopping and lunch. then just swim and relax in the resort when your r back to the hotel...