We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ktm resort + spa villa in batam

spore
3 posts
Save Topic
ktm resort + spa villa in batam

Planning to go there for a trip. Any one have any experience wanna share. Thanks

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: ktm resort + spa villa in batam

I just returned from the day trip with my hubby.

Disappointed with the resort, rundown.

spa is ok, additional services to be paid in SGD.

Fried rice+sweet sour fish+fried veg w small prawn w squid--is their so called seafood lunch.

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ktm resort + spa villa in batam

Been there once last year.

Resort isn't that great,but spa is good though. Reasonable rates for the spa treatments as well.

Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ktm resort + spa villa in batam

The resort at KTM is not very ideal but overall it is still very clean. One great point about KTM resort is the view that you can have at your rooms. If you are on budget but do not mind their rooms being too small and yet want a good spa. You may consider KTM. If you are one person who is very particular about rooms, then KTM resort is out. Please do bear in mind not to stay on their standard stilt. The pictures at their website on standard stilt is totally different. You can check out my site for the pictures of KTM resort.

happyrainz.blogspot.com/search/label/Batam

Mentioned in this post
KTM Resort Batam
KTM Resort Batam
357 Reviews
Batam, Indonesia
Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ktm resort + spa villa in batam

Just went to Spa Villa for the first experience of the "wonderful" spa and most people who had went there claimed (googled about the spa at Spa villa).

My personal experience and comments (plus my guy's as well):

The location looked very rundown and kampong. Not that well maintained. The towels used looked very old and not exactly very clean, but usable. The body and face liquid soap provided was in a broken dispenser, with a dead baby roach in it.

The view from the spa rooms were nice. The jacuzzi pool was nice, but not the greenish swimming pool located right at the mouth of the entrance to Spa Villa. The room for massage was okay and occassional cold water was served -- more like the Balinese style as some commenter had mentioned.

The masseuses were generally okay, but not very professional: They like to chit chat a little here and there in the midst of the treatment.

Not much sea waves sound. No treatment music. No spa kinda nice smelling sensation when you enter the area. Foot spa as mentioned is just soaking your feet in warm water and rubbing it with salt.

The worst part of the experience is THE HEAT!! There's only 2 miserable small ceiling fans available and the heat was extremely unbearable, making it feel like spa from hell.

The people there are very friendly and kind though.

---------------------------------------------------

Rating: 2/10

Too pricey a place for such experience. Money not well spent.

---------------------------------------------------

No comments on KTM resort as we did not stay there.

Mentioned in this post
KTM Resort Batam
KTM Resort Batam
357 Reviews
Batam, Indonesia
SG
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: ktm resort + spa villa in batam

If you are planning for a vacation in KTM Resort in Batam, Indonesia. It is better for you to think TWICE before you decided.

Just to share my experience with KTM resort as there is area for improvement which might concern you:

- Danger Platform: All the hotel rooms are built up on wooden platform and piles, high up along the hill some beside the lagoon. The platform is not stable and poor maintenance. Every step you take along the pavement toward your room, you are at the risk in breaking the wooden piles and you might trip yourself.

Inside your room walking on the floor; the wooden platform is not stable as it bend with every step you take and gaps can be seen below. Creeping sound is heard with each step you take. Insecure feeling you worry, might crack the pile and fall above from 5level high your room.

- unable to sleep: Throughout the night, been awake by loud noise outside the door. Not sure it is door banging or somebody walking or running. Loud noise is heard many time and it is scared that I don't even dare to open the door. Extra locks are fasten up.

- Poor housekeeping: Toilet is easy to spot with yellow stains on tiles. Shower stand is broken unable to hang the shower hose for bathing. Toilet door is spolit and unable to lock. Sleeping blanket is dirty with stains.

- Dirty swimming pool with sand, dirt and oil found: Empty swimming pool with nobody using, dirty swimming pool with sand and dirt seen at the bottom of the pool and a layer of oil floating on the top of the water.

- Staff : the coordination is bad as they forgot to prepare our candle light dinner. Worse is , they are trying to find out who fault instead of solving problem when we mentioned to them.

- KTM SPA package: Went for KTM SPA package and found it is rather expensive for the same SPA package offer as compare to town. The service provided is average and will not come back again.

- KTM SPA environment unfriendly as I am surprise to see them discharge dirty spa water into the sea.

for me, I will never go back again since there are many nice resorts in Batam.

Mentioned in this post
KTM Resort Batam
KTM Resort Batam
357 Reviews
Batam, Indonesia
Batam
Batam
Riau Archipelago, Indonesia
6. Re: ktm resort + spa villa in batam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, January 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Batam