We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surabaya to Mt Bromo

Auckland
Level Contributor
197 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Surabaya to Mt Bromo

Hi we are planning to fly to surbaya from jakarta, late afternoon early evening on 8th August, how long would it take to drive to Cemoro Lawang, could we get there late on the friday night, could you recomend a car and driver and how long would the return trip be on a Sunday?

Also suggestions of where to stay, a nice place not budget accommodation

Thanks

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
251 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surabaya to Mt Bromo

From Surabaya to Cemoro Lawang, we used Surabaya Transport to hire a car and driver, arranged by email.

The car provided was a late model Toyota Innova and our driver was Aan, both were excellent.

It took nearly 6 hrs but we stopped at the Madakairipuria for quite awhile on the way. ( maybe 2 hrs )

After Mt Bromo our driver continued on to Kalibaro with us , so our price is not relevant to your itinerary.

We stayed at Hotel Bromo Permia 1 ( see review ) which I would recommend because of it's location, right next to a lookout.

I would recommend Surabaya Transport , they replied to my emails and answered my questions unlike many others.

Kuala Lumpur...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Surabaya to Mt Bromo

Hi can i have the driver contact? Planning ijen-bromo- surabaya trip next week. Thanks.

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
251 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surabaya to Mt Bromo

Hi, Our drivers name was Aan WisnuS he was contracted by Surabaya Transport.

email Address surabayatransport@gmail.com I dealt with Yoki.

Webb site www.surabayatransport.com

Hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did.

4. Re: Surabaya to Mt Bromo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 22, 2015