We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on PT. Global Adventure Indonesia

Which Surabaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback on PT. Global Adventure Indonesia

I wish to feedback on the bad experience i had with your agent.

First of all, due to our late flight, we are not able to eat our lunch which was included in the package. When i reminded the guide (Mr Imam), he told us that our daily meal for 5 person is 200,000IDR. Therefore, during one of the Thai resturaunt, we ate 300,000IDR. But the rest of the meals we ate, all of us thinks that is less than 200,000IDR. And dinner at Lava Lava hostel, the guide told us it was 300,000IDR and what we ate is just chicken chop. On the last day, i told the guide that we will eating our lunch on our own but the guide did not refund the 200,000IDR to us.

On day one, we are not given any mineral water (which was included in our package)

On day two, after Mt Bromo Crate trip, we were up sell to a plantation are which cost us 100,000 IDR each. It's about 20min drive from the Mt Bromo and we are charge at a high rate. We also did not see any hot spring which was stated in our program.

On day three, we are charge extra 200,000 IDR each for Ijen if we want to depart early to see blue fire. We were told that the cost is because we need to engage a new transport and a guide because is very early. But on the day itself, we are using the original car and the same guide but the cost is not reduced. We are also informed that each carmera need to chage 30,000 IDR each but this is not stated in the program. When we go to Madakaripura Waterfall, we are assign a local guide and our guide just sit in the car to wait. Half way through the journey, there is another local guide. When we entered our trip, we give each of them 50,000IDR but we were asked/forced to give 100,000IDR to each of the guide instead.

on day four when we go rafting, the guide REMINDED me to give tips to the rafting guide and Mr Imam RECOMMENDED to give 150,000 IDR.

On the last day, We only drive pass the Surbay Red Bridge only. At House of Sampoerna, there is again a local guide and our guide just REMIND me to give them tips and he just sit in the car and rest. Program stated Governor office and submarine but we never visit. Our flight was 2040 but the guide actually wanted us to depart at 5pm but we insist to depart at 5.30pm and when we reach airport, the counter is not ever open to check in.

Overall, i think this guide is irresposible and only interested in resting in the car and how to get extra money from us.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback on PT. Global Adventure Indonesia

Hi Nick,

Sorry to hear about this bad agent. Have sent any email to them?

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
94 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback on PT. Global Adventure Indonesia

Sorry to say, but you have been treated so unfair. And actually no need too much money. And you don't need to give tips for everything you have been pass

3. Re: Feedback on PT. Global Adventure Indonesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 05, 2015