We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it cost effective to travel alone to surabaya?

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Is it cost effective to travel alone to surabaya?

hi there!

I have 5 nights in surabaya and i'm planning to visit mt bromo and ijen crater. can anyone advise what will be the cheapest option for me to visit these places alone? Also what are some of the cheap accomodations I can consider? Besides mt bromo and ijen crater, what else are worth visiting?

Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it cost effective to travel alone to surabaya?

wow... you have lots of time to spend in surabaya.

the cheapest way to reach bromo is take a train from surabaya (better depart from surabaya in the morning so you have more time at bromo) to probolinggo. from probolinggo train station, reach the bus station (the real bus station not the tour agencies near it). right south of the bus station you'll find the green shuttle station to cemoro lawang (bromo). or you can find any motorbike rent around probolinggo, so you can ride it around bromo. you can stay at cemoro indah or cafe lava.

for ijen crater, the cheapest way is go to bondowoso by bus and stay at catimore homestay.

2. Re: Is it cost effective to travel alone to surabaya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 08, 2014