We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

Which Surabaya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Topic
Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

Hey guys,

I need some help with my trip to itinerary. Quite hard getting all the required info online so was hoping to get help from people who has gone to Mt Bromo.

I'll be going in the first week of Sept for 3 days. Arrive in Surabaya,Friday around lunch time and depart on a sunday at 11am++.

The tight schedule does pose some questions though.

I've also booked a night at Bromo Permai 1.

One option is to check out extremely early and hike with all my gear,which will be light.

I'm playing it safe as I am unsure if ill be able to make it back on time to check out at 1pm after climbing Mt Bromo and exploring the surrounding area. Hopefully be done by 3pm and head back to Surabaya and check into a cheap hotel.

Another option would be to spend another night in the same hotel or same area and get a cab to Surabaya in the wee hours to catch my 11am flight. I've asked Bromo Permai 1 about the costs and it'll be USD$65.

So option 1 will be cheaper and more leeway with regards to the time to catch the flight and all,but less time spent trekking.

Option 2 would mean a less rushed trek but more expensive and a rush to airport the next day,not including potential hiccups in the journey to Surabaya.

Hope I could get some help with regards to my situation.

Thanks a lot!! :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

If you're traveling solo, you can take ojek (motorcycle taxi) to bring you to Penanjakan point and then to Bromo crater. You will start around 4AM for the sunrise at Penanjakan and then proceed to Bromo crater. All will be finished around 9-10AM. Therefore you can check out after visiting Bromo.

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

Well I'll be going with a mate but we still plan to take ojek unless we find others to pool for a jeep.

Besides Mt Bromo, we're also keen to go to Madakaripura Waterfall. Can't find much info on the traveling time but from what i've gathered it's 30mins ?

Would an ojek be able to take us there and still get back on time?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

From Cemara Lawang to Madakaripura is around 30 km. By ojek is probably around 45-60 minutes one way.

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

Ah sweet. It definitely seems doable then. Gonna be an interesting trip for sure.

Thanks a lot for your help Radjaff.

Helped me big time.

I'll be going in the first week of sept so after the trip I'll post an update just FYI.

Cheeres

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

I will going to visit same place too 09/09 -11/09 ... taking silkair morning flight 7:10 from sg , and arrive Surabaya at 9++ , only 3days 2nights tour package price 1.900.000. they will fetch us form Surabaya airport - Ijen - Mt Bromo - back to Surabaya airport for 6:40pm flight back to sg . SilkAir is more exp but the timing is better for us since we can not stay more day at Surabaya . Very rush for us too .

Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

if you think your time is too tight, why don't you leave to bromo on the day you arrive in surabaya? you can have more time in bromo and will be cheaper for the transportation (can have the train or bus) and then you can walk around surabaya at you last day.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

Just update , I got a deal with local tour operator that friends reconmmended to me 3adults and 1 kid , 3 days 2 nights ( Catimol Homestay , Bromo Permai 1 , we request one room only with 1 king bed + 2 single bed ) total 5.600.000 ~ price are reasonable to me . Trip details is almost same with others tour agency . Pm me if you want the tour agent contact .

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

Just update , I got a deal with local tour operator that friends reconmmended to me 3adults and 1 kid , 3 days 2 nights ( Catimol Homestay , Bromo Permai 1 , we request one room only with 1 king bed + 2 single bed ) total 5.600.000 ~ price are reasonable to me . Trip details is almost same with others tour agency . Pm me if you want the tour agent contact .

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

Hi

Could you refer me your travel agent?

I got a quote seems very expensive.

Bromo Madakaripura Tour (2d/1n) :

- with 2 adult + 1 child is IDR 3.100.000 (stay at Cemara Indah or Bromo Permai Hotel with standart room)

10. Re: Help with Mt Bromo itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, August 20, 2013