We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Phones

singapore
Level Contributor
109 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Mobile Phones

Making my first visit in April. Would like to find out where I can purchase a prepaid card to make international calls? Thank you

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile Phones

You can purchase prepaid SIM card from any phone shop and kiosk from shopping malls. Beware of touts selling prepaid SIM card at the airport which will offer you with ridiculous price. Starter pack cost no more than Rp10,000 and you can buy the top up voucher in many denominations. Rp50,000 is good for a month use.

Select prepaid SIM card from Indosat (IM3 or Mentari) and Telkomsel (Kartu AS) for good network coverage. Visit the website to learn more about international call charges.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
87 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile Phones

for the provider whose has low cost for international call are:

1. INDOSAT ( MENTARI, IM3 or STARONE (CDMA) )

as low as IDR3500 for 5 min to SINGAPORE

using prefix 01016 + country code + area code + phone number

ask the call center for detail (111)

indosat.com/Mobile_Features/More_Features/In…

2. xl

xl.co.id/XLPrabayar/…NelponMurahKeLuarNegeri

3 telkomsel

telkomsel.com/international-services/sambung…

as my review for the best quality ( compare with price) use INDOSAT (MENTARI, IM3 or STARONE)

sorry the link is using INDONESIA, translate by urself k

3. Re: Mobile Phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 12, 2011