We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surabaya Short Visit

TRaVeLLeRs
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Surabaya Short Visit

Hi there,

Would like to seek an advise. I'm going to Surabaya on 2nd Dec arrive at 12pm. Im planning to go to Makam Sunan Ampel and stay overnight in the city centre. Please help to recommend hotel in the city centre which is aroung Rp 500K per night and easier to go around and near shopping centre.

Also how to get to Makam Sunan Ampel? Is it advisable using taxi and how much is the fare? How's going back to the city from the makam?

On the 3rd I'm going to Bandung... Any transportation is normally use to go there from Surabaya?

Pakuwon Food Festival
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
110 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

Hi...

You can try Ibis Surabaya. It's in the price range, and within walking distance to Jambatan Merah Plaza (textile mall). Get a Bluebird taxi to/fro Sunan Ampel - it uses meter.

You can take a flight to Bandung - Sriwijaya or Merpati. Or else, you can take a 12-hour executive train (cheaper than flight).

Malang, Indonesia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

Many hotels within your range in Rp 500K / room / night. Surabaya Plaza Hotel, Majapahit Hotel, Sheraton, Novotel Hotel or open here for the valid information : http://hotelsurabaya.net/.

And by taxi to Makam Sunan Ampel, using argometer please ... By train from GUBENG Train Station - SURABAYA to Bandung, with Mutiara Selatan (business train), start from GUBENG (Surabaya) at 04 pm and finished KiaraCondong (Bandung), ticket around Rp 150K / person .... Tq (wawan)

Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
110 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

Hi,

I don't think Majapahit or Sheraton is available for around Rp 500 k.

TRaVeLLeRs
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

Thank you for y'all replied. Just want to check, is it easier to find taxi from Makam Sunan Ampel back to town? normally how much is the fare?

Is there any hotel within my budget near Tanjungan Plaza?

TRaVeLLeRs
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

I came across this hotel called Fave Hotels, Center of Surabaya? How's the hotel? Is it near to shopping complex or food outlets?

Malang, Indonesia
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

Hi, i didn't know with Fave Hotel. But, for the budget hotels, recommend in V3 Hotel or Kassanda Hotel, around Rp 250K / room / night. Facility : AC, bathroom & hot shower inside, TV, and breakfast. And nearby shopping complex & food outlets.

TRaVeLLeRs
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

Thank you for your reply. I;ve decide to try Fave Hotel...

Anyway, how bout my previous question, is it easy to find taxi around Makam Ampel complex? is it available at all time?

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
87 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

lot hotel

1 hotel TUNJUNGAN. star 4 Rp 500-700. (RECOMMENDED)

just short walk distance from Tunjungan Plasa

breakfast. fitnes. Swimming pool

2 hotel citihub Rp 325. boutique hotel (RECOMMENDED)

Walk distance (but must accross the street).

without breakfast. Pay only wat u want. Decent sleep. clean room (very recommended)

Make reservation by phone before. Usually fully booked

3 Simpang hotel Rp 350. star 3

just citihub side. Old room.

breakfast.

4 Hotel Fave (manage by aston) Rp 325. boutique hotel (RECOMMENDED)

must use TAXI or becak (pedicap). about 5000 - 10.000 one trip.

very clean. new hotel (include breakfast)

located on mexx building. in one building has: family karaoke. Family billiard pool. Restaurant n cafe. Blofish RnB club

follow this link. I've made map for the hotel place. hope this information help u a lot

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

TRaVeLLeRs
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

Thank you for the hotel info...

Do you know the taxi fare to/fro MakaM Sunan Ampel... and is it easy to get cab going back from the Makam?

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Surabaya Short Visit

Hi,

The Ibis is the closest hotel to the Makam. Well within your budget.

There are lots of taxis even from the Makam.

Downtown Surabaya (Junjungan ) is a fairly long drive. I think the meter should be about 40k.

Take the overnight express train from Gubeg Station to Bandung in Eksekutif Class. You save one night of accomodation and its comfortable.