We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

I still havent got a driver, for my husbands peace of mind we would prefer to pre book. Does anyone have any names of good safe drivers? Need 2 trips. From airport to Bromo, land 9.55, then the next day, a return trip from Java Banana Bromo back to airport for 7pm flight.

would it be cheaper to pay for accomodation for the driver as its only one night?

many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Java
Java
Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

Since there are 2 of you and it's a quick trip, you can make travel arrangement with travel agents. They will arrange everything from you, from transport (in and out Surabaya) to hotel at Bromo area.

There are lots of these tour packages online, but I recommend Bayu Buana for reliable travel agent bayubuanatravel.com/v9.0/visitindonesia.asp and Aneka Tour http://www.aneka-tours.co.id/?hal=eastjava

However, if you already have a confirmed booking on Bromo hotel, those travel agent do provide transportation rental as well.

Edited: 6:22 am, July 18, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

many thanks. I have my hotel booked and a 12 hour tour booked. I just need to get from the airport to the hotel and then back the next day. I will take a look now.

Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
110 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

Hi!

I think to you should allow more time, better to leave Bromo earlier than 3 pm to catch 7 pm flight. It is because of the heavy traffic jam at Porong (where the mudflood is). It would be better to leave Bromo at 12 pm. Perhaps your travel agent can advise you about this matter.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
11,621 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

If I were you, for peace of mind and to avoid problems down the road, I would come back to Surabaya, spend the night, then take the next flight out. There is no telling what road conditions could be and you are cutting it way too close, in my opinion. If it's an international flight you have to be in airport at 5. If domestic at 6.

And I second the idea of using a tour company, since you will have to wake up at 3 am for the sunrise and take the jeep in the dark through the cinder trail, etc etc (for this trip only, most other places you don't need a tour company at all) They do these trips every day and really know where they are going and could save you money in fact. I also highly recommend Bayu Buana which has branch offices in every city in Indonesia.

Mentioned in this post
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,606 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

Agreed with the previous poster.

Stay at Surabaya for hassle free transfer.

Too risky and stressful to rush from Bromo to Surabaya.

Traffic at this part of country is very unpredictable.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

Compounding tha matter is that the 7pm flight will require you to check in by 6pm. It really is cutting it close.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

Thank you for your replies. I have cut down my tour to getting back to java banana at 9ish. I would like to make the most of my trip...is there anywhere I could visit as I will have a driver on my way back for the 7pm flight to kuala lumpur..I am very interested in wildlife and taking photos

Mentioned in this post
Java
Java
Indonesia
8. Re: Leaving Bromo at 3pm...for 7pm flight...possible??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 21, 2011