We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Semerang to Dieng Plateau

Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Semerang to Dieng Plateau

I am heading down to Semerang in early May and am thinking of heading down to Dieng Plateau before heading on down to Yogyakarta. I understand that I should probably head from Semerang to Wonosobo stay there that night and then head to Dieng village during the cooler mornings before the mist sets in.

I would like to know if there are any coaches from Semerang to Wonosobo? And also are there any coaches from Wonosobo to Yogyakarta. If not what are my other transportation options? I really do not fancy renting a car with driver from semerang as I read somewhere that I would have to also pay for the driver's meals and night's accomodation if its a 2 day trip from Semerang to Yogyakarta. Is this an expected norm?

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Semerang to Dieng Plateau

Yes, there are intercity buses (coaches) on the route Semarang-Wonosobo and Wonosobo-Yogya.

I cannot provide you with schedules though.

Your hotel in Semarang might tell you where to catch the bus to Wonosobo, on a bus station or along the route. In Wonosobo at the bus station you can inquire about the next leg to Yogya. However, don't expect bus drivers or employees at the bus station to be fluent in English!

And yes, if you keep a driver overnight you have to pay for his accommodation and meals (unless these are included in the price already); many hotels offer cheap driver rooms.

Theo

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Semerang to Dieng Plateau

Hi, you can take Nusantara bus from Semarang to Wonosobo. Take a taxi, tell the taxi driver that you want to go to Nusantara's ticket office in Banyumanik. Make sure that you take the PATAS bus that has AC and reclining seats, not the regular one that is less convenient.

The departure times are 7AM, 8.30AM, 1.30PM, and 3PM. Just look for the Semarang-Purwokerto bus and tell the driver/conductor that you want to stop at Wonosobo. From Wonosobo to Yogya, just go to Wonosobo bus station to take a bus to Yogya. The bus is not as good as those from Semarang though.

Edited: 10:02 pm, April 04, 2013
3. Re: Semerang to Dieng Plateau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, May 16, 2014