We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

Which Malang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

Hi,

I would like to ask if any recommendation for me to use public transport from Surabaya airport going to Malang?i will travel to mount bromo and stay at Malang on next Feb.Also can let me know the cost if i need to take bus @ train?which is convinient for me to bus @train?ur help is much appreciate.thanks

Probolinggo...
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297715-i10447-k…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

We took a cab from the Surabaya airport to the bus station at Surabaya. I can't remember how much it cost us, but there's an official booth where you can ask for a cab. So the cabs are all legit. Once you're at the bus station, there are many buses that'll take you to Malang. You can choose the express or local buses. As far as I know, they're all air-conditioned buses. We took the local bus and paid 12,000 rupiah/person. You can take cabs from Malang bus station to your hotel.

Just a side note, we always used Citra Taxi, white colored cabs, during our stay in Malang. They use meter and the cab drivers are generally on time and good drivers.

Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

Thanks tiakecil,ur tip is really useful..appreciate for ur sharing..thanks:)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

Take the shuttle service from Surabaya airport to Malang. I recommend Zena Travel (+62 341 710026, +62 341 710027), tell them that you want to be picked up at Juanda Airport Surabaya. You will share the journey with other passengers, the cost is around IDR 70,000. The journey is around 2 hours.

You could also find other shuttle service company once you stepped out of the departure area in Juanda Airport. Some people will offer you "travel" to Malang. Ask about the price first before deciding to go with one of them.

The shuttle service is faster than bus and train, and you don't need to switch to different transportation modes. The shuttle will drop you off at your hotel.

Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

Thanks radjaff :)

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

Sometimes the journey by travel from Surabaya airport to Malang hotel maybe 3-3.5 hours if you are the first person the driver picks up, traffic congestion during certain times and you are the last person the driver send to your hotel. But this way is still comfortable and convenient.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

If you start from the airport, usually the car will go straight to Malang without picking up other passengers. I personally find this shuttle service to be the best option if I have limited time.

8. Re: Public transport from Surabaya airport to Malang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, January 29, 2015