We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Bromo clothing Sept 30-Oct 1st cold?

Which Malang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mt. Bromo clothing Sept 30-Oct 1st cold?

Hi guys and gals! I was wondering if the temperature is very cold or how cold going up to Mt. Bromo the last 2 days of september and 1st of October. Typically what would someone need? Light jacket and scarf enough?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt. Bromo clothing Sept 30-Oct 1st cold?

Light jacket and scarf would be sufficient during the day. However as the climb begins in the wee hours, it is advisable to wear thicker clothing such as thick jacket or coat suitable for mountain climbing.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,057 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt. Bromo clothing Sept 30-Oct 1st cold?

fyi, it's the altitude that makes it cold, not the season...

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt. Bromo clothing Sept 30-Oct 1st cold?

You will be up around 3.30am to do the climb. I have never felt so cold in my life. I had on a thick jacket with a hood and jeans. Really needed thermal underwear and gloves as well. A blanket and ugg boots would not have gone astray either. It can get down to zero degrees and sometimes lower.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt. Bromo clothing Sept 30-Oct 1st cold?

oh crap! lol

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt. Bromo clothing Sept 30-Oct 1st cold?

I am going to be there on a cruise, and doing the sunrise watching bit is out of the question. So we will be going up during the day if we go at all. Has anyone done this, and if so what sort of clothing would you recommend (in December). Thanks.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt. Bromo clothing Sept 30-Oct 1st cold?

I am going to be there on a cruise, and doing the sunrise watching bit is out of the question. So we will be going up during the day if we go at all. Has anyone done this, and if so what sort of clothing would you recommend (in December). Thanks.

7. Re: Mt. Bromo clothing Sept 30-Oct 1st cold?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 06, 2013