We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

Which Bogor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

Hi,

I'm going to Jakarta this November for 3days, and I'm planning paragliding at Puncak. Taking note of the weekend traffic jam, I've planned my journey as such, please advise which plan is better, especially with traffic in mind. Many thanks travellers! Main concerns:

>> Travel by Pakuan Train or Bus?

>> Stay in Bogor or Puncak?

PLAN #1

Day1 (Sat AM): Arrive Jakarta, take train/bus to Bogor

Check-in Hotel in BOGOR

Day2 (Sun AM): Paragliding

Check-out by lunchtime, return to Jakarta by train/bus

PLAN #2

Day1 (Sat AM): Arrive Jakarta, take train/bus to Bogor

Get transport to Puncak

Check-in Hotel in PUNCAK

Day2 (Sun AM): Paragliding

Check-out by lunchtime, return to Jakarta by train/bus

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

The time taken from airport to Gambir then train to Bogor will probably be longer than taking DAMRI directly to Bogor. Traffic condition in Saturday is definitely better than during weekdays. You shouldn't worry much about the traffic jam.

To catch the bus, if you arrived at Terminal 2D, walk to the bus stop next to terminal 2F. Wait for the bus to Bogor (the destination is written on the windscreen). The price for DAMRI regular bus is IDR 40,000 while for DAMRI Royal Class is IDR 70,000. You can buy at the ticket counter or pay on board.

This is much more convenient than taxi to train station and then train to Bogor. Anyway when you arrived in Bogor, you will have to find another taxi from the train station to your hotel.

Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

Thank you sooo much for providing me with all these info. After braving through one week of Myanmar transport, I'm sure Jakarta will be a breeze ;) Once I'm in Bogor, everything else will be taken care of by my paragliding guys from Puncak, so it'll be okay then.

If traffic jam is not an issue, then I'll just let the birthday boy pick from 2 envelopes and see which he picks

Airport > Bogor (3hrs in DAMRI Royal)

OR

Airport > Gambir > Bogor (1hr Damri + 1.5hr Train)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

Some pictures to tempt you to choose DAMRI Royal Class: http://www.haltebus.com/detail226.html. Enjoy :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

<<my only worry is that DAMRI buses will get stuck in Saturday traffic jam? >>

Busses from airport will be using the highway which bypassing the city.

If you're going with DAMRI, you just need to pay once you're onboard the bus through the conductor who will collect the money from you.

Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

OKAY I'm sold! Will take the Aiport DAMRI Royal bus to Bogor. ;) If returning from Bogor-Jakarta on Sunday is crazy on the roads, I'll take the train =)

Thanks radjaff for the great article, I had it translated, and feels good about giving this bus a shot!

Thanks everyone for being so helpful with my trip!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

If you are returning from Bogor to Jakarta on a Sunday afternoon, big chance you;ll be caught in traffic entering Jakarta (as holiday makers are heading back home). Also, train is becoming lesser in frequency on a Sunday, so don't go back too late in the afternoon.

Singapore
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

Thanks Cirque..

I'll try to finish the paragliding and leave Bogor by 12pm Sunday. Will also try to confirm the bus & train timings leaving on Sunday so that I can plan toward catching it. Big thanks again for directing! Have an incredible weekend to all!

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

Good luck.. :)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

Have a good weekend and happy planning!

Bogor, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Bogor or Puncak? Train or Bus?

hi.....

my name is fred .. i live in bogor, and 'ive been stayed in bogor for almost 3 years ...and the answer of your question is there's two alternative: by train to bogor cost only 6000 rupiah from jakarta...or you can go to bogor by bus from the airport ,straight to bogor the bus call DAMRI cost about 30.000/person. And better if you want to puncak not in the weekend coz the traffic its very bad you know.....or you can go to puncak on friday ,than you can find the hotel in puncak...but remember hotel in puncak will be full in weekend so better you book first ....

ok i hope you will enjoy in bogor or puncak

best regards fred