We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogor Short Trip

TRaVeLLeRs
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Bogor Short Trip

Would like to seek an advise.

How to get in to Bogor from Bandung as I intend to go there on 4th December 2010.

As i read the previous TA the interest/shopping is around Botanical Mall. Is there any recommended hotel around as my budget within USD 50 or RM 150. I intend to stay 1 night and will going to Jakarta the next day. Also advise transportation from Bogor to Jakarta.

TQ

Mentioned in this post
Bandung
Bandung
West Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Gerai Nusantara
Gift & Specialty Shops
Chocomory
Gift & Specialty Shops
Batik MAGO
Gift & Specialty Shops
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Bogor Short Trip

This is kinda last minute (you are clearly not prepared). Novotel still have rooms available (but at rack rates) that can be booked online (I made test booking few minutes ago), whilst for other hotel, I recommend to call them directly and ask if they still have any vacant room.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Dear Cirque,

There is a hotel called Mirah Santika at 6 Jalan Gedung Sawah3, Bogor. May I have some comments from you on this hotel?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Never heard about it before and probably it's a smaller non-star hotel; just hotels that you'd likely to find along Changkat Bukit Bintang area...

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Yes, we earlier booked Novus and did not know its distance from Bogor and now we are trying to stay in city per your advice, Mirah Santika still have rooms available and appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

singapore
Level Contributor
429 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Bogor Short Trip

I would be visiting Bogor in September to play golf. Is this the raining season?

Which golf course to go to as i have time for only 3 rounds of golf as I want to do some sightseeing as well.

Regards

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Q: Is this the raining season?

A: It should be.

Golf course recommendation

Depending on where you will stay (Bogor city or Jakarta?), for Bogor city, there are Rancamaya, Sentul Highlands, and Bogor Raya (there is a Novotel Bogor on the same complex)

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
singapore
Level Contributor
429 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Oh dear! If Sept is a raining season then when is the dry season?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Bogor Short Trip

Same as in Singapore and most part of Southeast Asia; dry season is expected from April to August; months like February, March, September, October are around monsoon seasons; kinda unpredictable.

You've been to Jakarta to play golf many times before (if indeed it is true based on your queries on TA this past year), you'll know that weather issue is kinda unpredictable due to global weather abnormality...

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
29. Re: Bogor Short Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, April 05, 2015