We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Jakarta to Bandung

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Jakarta to Bandung

Hi, I need to know how i can go to bandung from jakarta. I pland to stay at Bandung for three night but i dont want to rent a car as it will be expensive for three days. I was thingking to take train or bus to bandung. Is it save? How long is the journey and how much does it cost? I hope someone can help me on this. Terima kasih

Jakarta
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Jakarta to Bandung

Hai trisya, there's so many option to go to bandung from jakarta, u can go there with travel (rent car) its only about not more than Rp.75.000 for one way (depends on what tour you take) i'll try to find you one good recomended travel, u can contact me through email babydolphz@gmail.com the travel time is about 2,5 hours if you take cipularang highway , if you want to take a train then u must go to train station at Gambir.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
187 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Jakarta to Bandung

A couple of years ago I took a train called (I think) Argo Gede which was quite nice, clean, and safe. I took it from the Gambir station in Jakarta and arrived in the main Bandung station 3 hours later. The nice thing about the train was that I didn't have to worry about traffic (I found the traffic on a lot of the out of town roads there to be terrifying), and I got to see a lot of the countryside uncluttered by shops and traffic (as most building goes on around the roads, not the railroads). On the way back to Jakarta I rented a car/driver and was quite disappointed - the train ride was definitely better.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Jakarta to Bandung

Hello,

The best way is to take Cipaganti Travel ( a minibus for 7 pax) straight from Jakarta Sukarno Hatta Airport to Bandung ( your Hotel). Tariff per pax is around 120.000Rph ( or MYR 50 ), you don't need to pay for 7 pax, but they will group you with other passengers to Bandung. This company has a counter at Domestic arrival ( terminal F). The travel time will take between 3-4 hrs depend on time or traffic congestion at Jakarta ring road. Travel is safe but quite lengty, otherwise you can take train at Gambir station in Jakarta, but you need more hours before arrival in Bandung.

Accomodation in Bandung, try budget accomodation at Jalan Imam Bonjol Bandung, within walking distance from famous Jalan Dago factory outlets. This is a home type accomodation - 25 rooms- rate is at 20US$ per night, shared bath, hot water, breakfast, cabled TV..

It is safe and clean accomodation surraunded by students , and run by pensioners..

Hope you will enjoy Bandung.., shop till you drop.

Salutations,

Erwin,

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Jakarta to Bandung

Hi trisya, though I have not taken the bus or train from Jakarta to Bandung(flew straight from KL on AirAsia), I have been told by friends who took it, the airconditioned train is safe and comfortable from Gambir; and I read though there is the new highway(which we saw) called CipuLarang, was informed, though not experienced, that it is prone to flash flood.

Both transfer gives you good scenic journey.

I found this website very informative and used it for my first trip to Bandung:- www.geocities.com/bandungcity/index.htm

5. Re: Transport from Jakarta to Bandung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 25, 2009