We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is the best place to go in Bandung? hotels?

Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
where is the best place to go in Bandung? hotels?

hi friends,

i am planing to go to Bandung prolly in early September. i am bit lost to find the best answers in the forum, completely clueless on where to go, where to stay, what to expect and the list goes on.... :D

i'm going with my wife. we rather walk than using a taxi. so...

i am looking for a good hotel, walking distance to the best entertainment (i heard abt 'pasar malam'? or any other good place of entertainment) if possible..

or

the best hotel for relaxing, 5-10 minutes distances using taxi to - shopping heaven..

basically, i dont know what to do in Bandung. hehe. we want all of them by walking distance if possible (relax, shopping, fun,)

and pls do recommend me places that we must visit when in Bandung.

cheers to all and the people of Bandung. hope to see you all soon.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is the best place to go in Bandung? hotels?

It is difficult to find a place where you can walk on the streets in Bandung or even in most parts of Indonesia.. But as a general guideline:

Jln Cihampelas is a good place for walking around though the quality of FOs there are no fantastic.. I will recommend Sensa hotel for this.. There is a small mall right downstairs..

Choose a place close to Jln Riau since it is where the majors FOs are..

But are you sure that you only want to spend your time in Bandung FOs..

What you want to do depends on your interest.. in general, have a look at the 'things to do' list and ask us for more specific questions.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,708 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is the best place to go in Bandung? hotels?

Raul J, hello

1/ <<, completely clueless on where to go, where to stay, what to expect and the list goes on...>>

It`s all HERE on TA, use forum search button and green buttons on top of your page. checking Top questions about Bandung on the right side of your screen is always helpful too.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g297704-Bandung_West_…

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g297704-Activiti…

2/ <<i am planing to go to Bandung prolly in early September>>

MAKE absolutely sure that you travel dates do not fall on local holidays, religions festivities and long weekends.

3/ <<i am looking for a good hotel,>>

Budget/ room/ night??? Please.....

4/ << or any other good place of entertainment>>

Be specific: cultural show? dance club/ disco? Bar/ restaurant? Outdoor activity/ adventure? Sightseeing?

5/ <<. we want all of them by walking distance if possible>>

100% not possible, do not even dream or fool yourself about walking in Indonesian cities. All cities in Java are NOT pedestrian friendly, simply there are no sidewalks and you have to share the road and exhaust fumes with all passing vehicles. Take a taxi in the city, rent a car+driver if you gonna see volcanoes etc.

Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is the best place to go in Bandung? hotels?

thanks for the reply/ info. i have got what i need. cheers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,708 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where is the best place to go in Bandung? hotels?

very welcome......

5. Re: where is the best place to go in Bandung? hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 08, 2015