We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volcanic Eruptions

Orchard Road...
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Volcanic Eruptions

Hi All

I plan to travel to Bandung on 01 April but was told by my sister that the volcano is gonna to erupt anytime. So seriously, is it safe to travel to Bandung as in 01 April ? Im sorry if my questions sound stupid.

Mentioned in this post
Bandung
Bandung
West Java, Indonesia
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Volcanic Eruptions

the volcano is gonna to erupt anytime

true, tangkuban perahu is an active volcano. it can erupt anytime. so we have monitoring the volcano 24 hour a day. so, as long as there is no official warning from authority, you are welcome to visit bandung and tangkuban perahu.

Orchard Road...
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volcanic Eruptions

That will be great. I will just do the neccesary arrangement.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,921 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volcanic Eruptions

GEMINI1982, hi

1/ i strongly suggest to any newbie to keep all questions related to his/ her travel WITH the frame of one topic. It`s just easier for us to answer if we have a full pic of your needs/ travel details at hand. OK?

2/ If your sister is a certified vulcanologist who`s closely monitoring Mt. T/ Perahu activity, i would certainly rely on her knowledgeable opinion. If she is NOT, i`d laugh at her suggestion that the volcano gonna erupt exactly at the date of your BDG visit.

4. Re: Volcanic Eruptions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 12, 2015