We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kawah Putih from jakarta then to Bandung

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
3 posts
Save Topic
Kawah Putih from jakarta then to Bandung

Hi,

I will be arriving Jakarta on 13/10. The next day Im planning to go to Kawah Putih (since Tangkuban Perahu is still closing), from Jakarta and then to Bandung, check in Hotel, stay for 2 days in Bandung.

How far is Kawah Putih from Jakarta? Or better I go to Bandung first and the next day go to Kawah Putih from Bandung?

Can please someon advise.

Thank you.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kawah Putih from jakarta then to Bandung

<< Or better I go to Bandung first and the next day go to Kawah Putih from Bandung? >>

leybab, hello

YES, the latter is SLIGHTLY better plan as gong to Mt. patuha is recommended from BDG and if you start journey at 7-8 am. If you arrive in CGK on Sunday, the plan is doable. After landing proceed straight to BDG, check in in a hotel. The next morning depart to Mt. Patuha... it`ll be Monady, week days but

October - 14 Monday Joint Holiday *

October - 15 Tuesday Eid al-Adha

Two public holidays in Indonesia TOGETHER, to tel you the truth you did a BIG planning mistake.... Travel dates to Indonesia MUST be verified BEFORE Travel. Crowds in BDG will be horrendous. I would not go to any sight/ attraction in those dates if i were you. Indonesia is one of te most densely populated regions of the world, and local peculiarities MUST be observed in advance.

ANY trip during public holidays, religious festivities, long weekends etc MUST be avoided.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kawah Putih from jakarta then to Bandung

Hi leybab,

I am thinking that going straight from Jakarta airport to Bandung will be a better option for you. From there, you can go to Kawah Putih the next day. It's also ok to go straight from Jakarta to Kawah Putih then onto Bandung, but anyhow, it will need to pass (outskirt) Bandung first from Jakarta to Kawah Putih and therefore it will take a rather long ride.

3. Re: Kawah Putih from jakarta then to Bandung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 13, 2014