We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Sapu Lidi restaurant is better? Lembang or Cihampelas?

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
270 posts
326 reviews
Save Topic
Which Sapu Lidi restaurant is better? Lembang or Cihampelas?

I want to go to Sapu Lidi for an authentic Indonesian dinner. (August 20). I know that I can go to the original Sapu Lidi resort and restaurant on the hillside in Lembang, but what is the atmosphere like at the restaurant in Cihampelas? Is it just an indoor restaurant? How does the atmosphere and food compare between the two locations? I really want to impress my colleague who has not visited Bandung before.

We will be staying at the Hilton Bandung.

Thanks

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which Sapu Lidi restaurant is better? Lembang or Cihampelas?

The one in Lembang is located in between the (not really paddy field) but something like greenery. If you want to impress your friend, the one in Lembang is the one to choose.

However, as with most of themed restaurants, the food is mediocre at best...

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Which Sapu Lidi restaurant is better? Lembang or Cihampelas?

Go for the one in Lembang, much better view though.

But if your'e looking for something more unique, should try to Kampung Daun as well, eventhough the food is average.

Cheers.

Bandung, Jawa...
Level Contributor
56 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which Sapu Lidi restaurant is better? Lembang or Cihampelas?

Sapulidi is near Lembang...not really in Lembang though......but it is well worth visiting......really nice views and you can stay there too....we found the food to be low cost with polite service.........real rice plants are there, but for decoration......very Sundanese......enjoy your visit!

14. Re: Which Sapu Lidi restaurant is better? Lembang or Cihampelas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 17, 2014