We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day tour on Oct 2

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
one day tour on Oct 2

Hello everyone, I am planning an one-day tour in Bandung on Oct 2. I wish to visit Kawah Putih(or , Asian-African Conference Museum and then head to Bogor in the evening. I wonder if it would be rushed for us. If I rent a car to do all these, what is the possible cost?

Could anyone give me a suggestion on hotel selection. I wish to stay on a four-star hotel in central city with no more than USD 80 per night.

Many thanks.

Edited: 4:46 am, August 03, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Bandung
Bandung
West Java, Indonesia
Bogor
Bogor
West Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,578 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

Fan G, hello

1/ what`s the starting point of your trip???? BDG or JKT?

2/ NOTE: Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE to report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated. The best and safest way to have a car+ driver in BDG for your needs - rent from your hotel. All other companies lost our trust and BANNED forever from the recommended list.

Do not believe ANY sugar-coated lie...........

3/ the average fare for local driver+ car ( 10-12 hours of work)= 450-550k IDR ( included: unlimited millage, fuel, toll fee). Lunch money for the driver ( about 20k IDR), parking fee, entrance fee to the attractions are on you as extra.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,578 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

4/ the possibility to visit ALL the mentioned places depends on your starting point - question #1????

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

Hi, Schonefeld,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I should have made it clear of my starting point. I will arrive in Bandung from Bali on the evening of Oct 1.

Do you mean if I spend about 450-550k IDR, the driver will take me to Kawah Putih, the conference museum and take me to Bogor, provided that all activities are within 10-12 hours?

Thanks a lot!

Mentioned in this post
Bandung
Bandung
West Java, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bogor
Bogor
West Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,578 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

<,I will arrive in Bandung from Bali on the evening of Oct 1. >>

1/ You spend a night in BDG, and can start sightseeing say at 8 am on Oct 2nd ?????

2/ The driver can take anywhere in BDG vicinity ( Kawah Putih included) and RETURN you and the car to the city, but travel to Bogor will extra.....

Edited: 5:10 am, August 03, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Bandung
Bandung
West Java, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bogor
Bogor
West Java, Indonesia
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

Hi, Schonefeld,

I mean I will spend overnight in BDG, and early the next morning I will come visit Kawah Putih

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,578 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

Hey Fan G

1/ Asian African Conference Museum (Museum KAA)

Jl. Asia Afrika No. 65

Entrance Fee : FREE

Operating Hours :

Monday – Friday : 8 am – 3 pm

Lunch Break 12 am – 1 pm

Saturday 8 am – 12 am

With travel to Mt. Patuha it is hardly imaginable you`ll be back by museum closing time, anyway - you can try and if you find the CLOSED door - it only proves that i was right.

2/ I suggest to visit the volcano and go straight to Bogor. rent a car + driver from your hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Bogor
Bogor
West Java, Indonesia
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

Yes, Schonefeld, I am also considering going stragihtly from Kawah Putih to Bogor. I may come visit the museum on 8am in the morning and then rent a car. However I wonder if the cost is affordable. My budget is USD 100-120 including the Bogor trip in the evening.

Mentioned in this post
Bogor
Bogor
West Java, Indonesia
St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

If you have approx 9 hours or more to spare.. then it will be possible to go straight from Kawah Putih to Bogor..

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Bogor
Bogor
West Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,578 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

<< My budget is USD 100-120 including the Bogor trip in the evening.>>

If that`s for rent a car+ driver only - more than enough ( BDG area + trip to Bogor). Of you include a hotel stay in it, i have doubts..........

Mentioned in this post
Bogor
Bogor
West Java, Indonesia
10. Re: one day tour on Oct 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 06, 2014