We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haze

Batu Pahat, Johor...
1 post
Save Topic
Haze

Kindly advise, is there any haze in bandung? Thanks.

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haze

Hi, if you mean smoky haze caused by deforestation fire similar to the haze that has been blanketed Singapore and Malaysia these days, then the answer is no.

Mentioned in this post
St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haze

There are no haze here in Bandung..

Cheers

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haze

Rest assured that the hazy condition of Semenanjung Malaysia is caused by forest fire in southern Selangor and more in Sumatra island.

For Java, it's relatively haze free (as for now, since the wind is blowing to the east, not south). Check latest weather update before you leave.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haze

Hi All,

i came across that the haze is now affecting Jakarta now. Is that true? So is Bandung been affected as well? As i will be going to Bandung on Thursday, so i am abit worried about the haze problem.

thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,014 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haze

1/ Nothing like haze in BDG.....

2/ <<i came across that the haze is now affecting Jakarta now. Is that true?>>

False, the JKT air is absolutely the usual - feels and breaths the same.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haze

i came across that the haze is now affecting Jakarta now. Is that true?

Nope, this is not true. According to today's weather channel, the wind is blowing towards northeast direction, Singapore has less haze today, but Selangor state of Malaysia is having thick haze today.

<<As i will be going to Bandung on Thursday, so i am abit worried about the haze problem.>>

Forest fire from Sumatra (especially now which is concentrated on Riau province) has hardly affecting Java in the past... Thus, just wear your mask until you reach Changi and you can take that off as soon as you're inside the airport...

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haze

Hey everyone, thanks for the advice...it made me at peace now.... :)

initially I thought Bandung should be okay but heard people telling me it is now affecting Jakarta and so is Bandung...so i started to get worried about it

thanks alot for clearing my doubts :)

I am looking forward to my Bandung trip this thursday!! :)

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Haze

It's very distant from the source of fire in relation to either Jakarta or bandung, and thus haze should be the least of your worry on your trip to Bandung... except the possibility of worsened hazy condition in Singapore which may cause flight delays.

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,014 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Haze

happytravellerSG,

We are glad to put your mind at ease................

Singapore
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Haze

Hi

I just came back from Bandung on Sat 22 June 2013, and while my poor fellow Singaporeans were breathing in the super polluted haze of PSI 401 (very hazardous) on Friday 21 June 2013, I was breathing cool fresh air in Bandung.

Just steer clear of the roads in central Bandung at peak hours where there are many cars and terrible traffic jams. But that's about the most polluted it gets; certainly nothing like the level of the haze that is plaguing Singapore and Malaysia now.

Don't worry, you are escaping to the right part of the world.... :)

Regards.

Mentioned in this post
Get answers to your questions about Bandung