We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Hi,

I will be travelling from Bandung on 20 Nov-26 Nov 2013 with total of 2 adults and 3 children (age 5,7,9). Below is the itinerary that I have planned. My kids love hands on experience and do not like shopping.

20 Nov (Wed)

- Reach Bandung at 11:15am

- Buy Taxi voucher IDR 50000 from airport (Need to pay additional to driver for toll etc??)

- Left luggage at Retanata Homestay

- Lunch + Shopping at Rumah Mode

21 Nov (Thurs)

- Kampung Gajah via Taxi

22 Nov (Fri)

- Trans Studio via Taxi

23 Nov (Sat)

- Lactasari Rooftop Farm at PGV via Taxi. My kids love to feed and pat animals very much after our Australia trip. So I have found this farm after lots of Google-ing.

- Dunno what else to do, suggestion?

24 Nov (Sun)

- Tangkuban Perahu with hired car

- Strawberry Farm

- Anything else that is fun for kids that I can add on?

25 Nov (Mon)

- Taman Safari at Puncak with hired car.

- I been to there 2 years ago from Jakarta. It was really fun but it was a rainy day, so we do not have the chance to explore the whole place. So I wish to go again if possible. But I understand that it is a NO NO for travel on weekend. So I put it on Monday.

I understand from the Forum that to avoid weekend for Trans Studio and journey that on the road (Tangkuban Perahu, Kawah Putih, Taman Safari). Any advice that how can I swap my itinerary to avoid long queue at theme park as well as long jam on the road? It is a real headache to me. I have chosen Kampung Gajah and Trans Studio to go by Taxi as I will be in the park for whole day. Is that the right choice?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,994 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Nikonnet, hello,

1/ first of all - THANK you for reading the forum before asking and saving a HUGE effort fro DEs to explain the basics.

2/<<Buy Taxi voucher IDR 50000 from airport (Need to pay additional to driver for toll etc??)>>

Airport BDO is almost in the city center, no till roads etc to get to your hotel. Just 50k IDR.

3/ <<24 Nov (Sun) - Tangkuban Perahu with hired car>>

I would switch the plan with Thursday or Friday. Volcano visits are much easier on weekdays.

4/ <<25 Nov (Mon) - Taman Safari at Puncak with hired car.>>

Doable but the travel time may take 3-4 hours one way and back again the same.

5/ << I have chosen Kampung Gajah and Trans Studio to go by Taxi as I will be in the park for whole day. Is that the right choice?>>

Absolutely correct.

6/ Due to lots of scam in BDG forum originated from PM we start a close monitoring of such activity and ask members who were approached by illegal service providers ( car rental, guide, tours). This illegal practice will endanger your health, life, well being etc - AVOID at all costs. PLEASE to report to DEs - me or Stefzzz. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
184 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Hi,

You could add "De Ranch", deranchlembang.com/id/… , cowboy themed family amusement park in Lembang later after visiting Mt.Tangkuban Parahu and Strawberry Farm. You could spend whole afternoon there.

Lactasari Rooftop Farm is at PVJ, (Paris Van Java) Mall. Mall itself is quite impressive, would remind you of Bugis shopping area in Spore. The mall also has ice skating rink, http://www.gardenice-pvj.com/ , your children could enjoy.

IMO, You better skip 'Kampung Gajah' and change to a full day trip to Kawah Putih.

Just my 2c, hope you will enjoy your Bandung trip.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Hi Schonefeld and ihaha,

Thanks for the quick response. Here are my modified itinerary.

20 Nov (Wed)

- Reach Bandung at 11:15am

- Buy Taxi voucher IDR 50000 from airport

- Left luggage at Retanata Homestay

- Lunch + Shopping at Rumah Mode

21 Nov (Thurs)

- Tangkuban Perahu with hired car

- Treetop adventure

- De Ranch for horse riding

22 Nov (Fri)

- Trans Studio via Taxi

23 Nov (Sat)

- Lactasari Rooftop Farm at PGV via Taxi.

- Ice skating at PGV

24 Nov (Sun)

- Kampung Gajah???!!!

25 Nov (Mon)

- Kawah Putih

- Strawberry farm

- Cow-skin shoemakers village at Cibaduyut (Need admission??)

My goodness, will I end up with long queue in Kampung Gajah? I saw review that Kampung Gajah is crowded in weekend! If not Kampung Gajah, anywhere else for kids to kill their enegy?

Thanks again!

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Hello,

I have been to Kampung Gajah during both weekends and public holidays.. yes.. there will be queues but its not that bad imo.. going there on weekends is fine..

You dont need any admission price to go Cibaduyut..

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Thanks Stefzzz.

Sorry one last question (hopefully). I have 2 budget accomodations in mind, Retanata Homestay or Buminanienie Family Guest House. My requirements of accomodation:

1. Easy to flag a cab

2. Easy to find eatery place especially for dinner (within walking distance)

3. No so jam for the destination that I am going.

Thanks in advanced for advice.

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

retanata is inside hegarmanah area. quite hard to find a taxi. eating also limited.

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
184 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Hi,

TA map pointed boeminanini NOT at the exact spot. It should be slightly southwestward between Jalan Sultan Tirtayasa and Jalan Bahureksa.

Boeminanini might be closer, within walking distance but WITHOUT decent pedestrian, just walk at the most left part of the street tarmac, to eateries at Jalan Banda-Jalan Progo and FOs at Jalan Riau/Martadinata. Both Jalan Progo and Jalan Riau are busy streets hence you might easily catch taxis on those streets. If catching taxis worry you, then worry not. Most Bandung taxi companies have pickup service by call. Just ask your hotel desk to call them for you. Spare about 30-45mins earlier or at least an hour on weekend before your planned time of departure.

Avoiding traffic jam on weekend might need large amount of luck. Most time, departs earlier in the morning to your destination might helps.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,994 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

<<Retanata Homestay or Buminanienie Family Guest House. My requirements of accomodation:>>

IMO both choices are not great at all, rather basic or below basic. Please tell us your budget / room/ night??? may be we can find a better option for you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Hi Nikonnet,

You may try to stay at Villa Damar on Damar Street which is within walking distance to Rumah Mode and several FOs and restaurants. It depends on your budget though but they do have accommodation which is suitable for family with kids as they have rooms which can accommodate 4+ people. Check out their website for details ; willsonhotels.com/our-hotels/villa-damar.html

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Advice for Bandung 20 Nov-26 Nov Itinerary

Hi,

I do not have specific budget on accomodation but hope to be as low as possible as we only sleep there and not going to use the facility in the hotel. It seems like it is hard to get a room for 2 adults and 3 kids in Bandung as most hotel only offers room for 2 people. Kindly let me know if you have "insider" recommendations! :)