We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taman Bunga Nusantara

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taman Bunga Nusantara

Hi

Read about this beautiful flower park, which is west of Bandung, in Cipanas / Cianjur.

This is not a well-discussed attraction here in Tripadvisor Bandung, but internet research shows beautiful photos of the park which is huge and well-maintained.

From what I've read, it is about 60+km from Bandung, but I am not sure what are the road conditions (narrow, potholes, winding, etc) and whether traffic is bad getting to it from Bandung, and ultimately, how long is the journey there.

Has anyone been to Taman Bunga Nusantara? How long is the journey there, and is it via good roads or is it very winding? (My mum gets car-sick if the roads are too winding.) What about traffic? Do you think it is worth going?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taman Bunga Nusantara

kjl1000 hello.

1/ Of course Kota Bunga is neither a hidden gem nor a well kept secret.

2/ << How long is the journey there, and is it via good roads or is it very winding? >>

The actual travel time may take 2,5-3 hours, as the road goes through Puncak mountain pass and ALL local villages where you can not see 10 cm stretch of pavement on the road, potholes etc are unquestionable attractions as well. Traffic in the area may be hectic and on weekends the passage in Puncak area is open only one-way, say til 5 pm and backward after 5 pm. Being stuck over there is a natural thing.

3/ by the way Kota VBunga is easier to reach from JKT than from BDG, at least from JKT you`ll travel half the way via toll road. From BDG - all the way though local villages.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taman Bunga Nusantara

Hi jkjl1000,

Taman Bunga Nusantara (different than KOTA BUNGA as mentioned by previous poster) is a full fledge flower garden while the latter is a housing estate.

It is located in Puncak area and thus, not located neither in jakarta nor Bandung (although access is available from both cities).

The road is winding of course but it's quite wide, so car can maneuver easily through it. First timers may feel nauseous, but there are lots of place to stop along the way (many F&B outlets, markets, and tourist attractions).

Is it worth going? Yes, if you never been to a cold-climate flower garden before. If you've been to flower garden in Cameron Highlands malaysia, maybe you can skip this one. But compare to Flower Garden's dome at Gardens by the Bay, this one is more natural...

Hope this helps.

Singapore
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taman Bunga Nusantara

Thank you to both Schonefeld and cirque for your comments about the road to Taman Bunga Nusantara. As the road is long and winding, I think I'll skip this for this trip as my Mum will be going and she gets car-sick quite easily. Will just keep to the main Bandung areas, Lembang and Dago then.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards.

Singapore
Level Contributor
132 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taman Bunga Nusantara

Oh sorry, one more related question : as Taman Bunga Nusantara is too far away and out for me, are there any other flower gardens / Taman Bunga that is nearer to Bandung?

Thanks again.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taman Bunga Nusantara

<<are there any other flower gardens that is nearer to Bandung?>>

Not that i know of, but the are around Dago Waterfall ( artificial actually) is quite picturesque and full of flowers and greenery.............

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taman Bunga Nusantara

No full-fledge flower gardens in Bandung area, however, there are plenty other things to do in/around Bandung that you can visit...

7. Re: Taman Bunga Nusantara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 16, 2014