We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2night/3 day golf to Bandung - how much IDR cash to bring

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
2night/3 day golf to Bandung - how much IDR cash to bring

Can anyone advise me how much IDR ( Rupyas) i will need to bring in cash for shopping, dining, taxi, entertainment e.t.c per day ? my hotel has been paid by visa and I am hoping that the golf course will accept visa.

many thanks for advise

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2night/3 day golf to Bandung - how much IDR cash to bring

Not a very easy question to answer because your question is extremely vague.. But these are my best answer:

1) Food Rp 30,000 to Rp 100,000+ for a decent meal..

2) Clothes at the Factory Outlet.. Rp 50,000 to Rp 200,000 depending on the quality of the product..

3) Taxi.. Up to Rp 50,000 for trips inside the city..

Cheers

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,975 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2night/3 day golf to Bandung - how much IDR cash to bring

<<Can anyone advise me how much IDR ( Rupyas) i will need to bring in cash for shopping, dining, taxi, entertainment e.t.c per day ?>>

From 1 juta per day i would say.... depends on what kind of eater/ shopper and etc YOU are...............

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2night/3 day golf to Bandung - how much IDR cash to bring

Thanks very much! I have a better idea of taxi fares & meal costs.

Cheers!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,975 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2night/3 day golf to Bandung - how much IDR cash to bring

very welcome..

happy planning!

Bandung, Jawa...
Level Contributor
56 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2night/3 day golf to Bandung - how much IDR cash to bring

Golf here is costly..(maybe cheaper than Canada?)...I cannot give you any estimate...but of course there are some reasonable golf courses here in Bandung...(and Visa should be okay but check beforehand).....my best tip for cash is that you come equipped with a debit card which can be used on local ATM's.(f.i. maestro / + plus etc)......this way you do not need to bring a large amount of cash.....open up a wallet full of cash in many places (including countries other than Indonesia and this can lure dishonest people)....using the ATM, draw out say a million indonesian rupiah at a time.....rough conversion means this is around 100 usd...you will get the latest conversion rate and there are no hassles as you do not have to go to a bank or money changer. Make sure when using your Visa (credit card) that the cashier only makes "one swipe"...let me say it's absolutely wonderful that you will be coming to visit us in Bandung... all the way from Canada....a big welcome in advance!!!

6. Re: 2night/3 day golf to Bandung - how much IDR cash to bring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 16, 2014