We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bandung Trip June 2013

PRis, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bandung Trip June 2013

Hi All!

I will be going to Bandung for the first time this coming June Sunday to Friday, with my hubby and our 2 young girls age 6 and 3. I have been planning excitedly and have booked Trans Luxury Hotel for first 3N just to have a feel of 6 Star luxury and also to let our girls enjoy the hotel facilities and Trans Studio. But I'm having a headache thinking of where to stay the last 2N. I'm down to either Carrcadin where its walking distance Pasar Baru or Luxton or Amaroosa where its walking distance to Jln Riau/Dago FOs, all 3 of these hotels highly rated on Tripadvisor. My headache is: Is it better to stay walking distance to Pasar Baru and take transport to FOs or walking distance to FOs and take transport to Pasar Baru? I'm tornnnnn!!! Which has better shopping, both for me and hubby to do repeats? Here's sample of what I plan to do:

(1)Sun: Arrive via afternoon flight and transfer to Trans Luxury Hotel for 3N. Use hotel facilities and dinner.

(2) Mon: Use Zafira or Mulia for tour of Tangkuban Perahu, Tea Plantation, Saung Angklung Udjo, etc.

(3) Tues: Trans Studio and Trans Studio Mall + hotel facilities and dinner.

(4) Wed: Check out Trans Luxury and transfer to (Carrcadin/Luxton/Amaroosa) Hotel for shopping/dining experience in Bandung City Centre.

(5) Thurs: Shopping/dining experience in Bandung City Centre.

(6) Fri: Last minute morning shopping. Depart for flight in afternoon.

What do you think? Really need some feedback. Thanks!!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,318 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

Su_Sofy,

Travel safely and enjoy your time in BDG!!!!!

cheers

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

I'm wondering how some of the travelers can just go there 3-4 days straight and shop til they drop while others don't really fancy the place.

most item in pasar baru is moslem wear. bargaining took time. and they can shop in every floor in pasar baru.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

Hi there,

staying in just one hotel is definitely a brilliant idea. for shopping trip, you just can take taxi to move around. The hotel is not within shopping belt, but it is adjacent to a shopping mall which is an advantage by itself.

14. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:23 am, April 11, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
97 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

Hi Su_Sofy

I will be staying Amaroosa in June too and they are offering complimentary round trip airport transfer. You might want to check with the hotel on this offer, can save you some money for more shopping! ;p

PRis, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

Hi guys!

The day has finally arrived! I will be leaving for Bandung in a few short hours and I will take with me the knowledge and sharings that I got from you guys. Will be sure to share my experience of Bandung when I come back next weekend. Wish me luck and thanks a zilion for all the tips.. Byesss!

Edited: 6:52 pm, June 15, 2013
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,318 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

Su_Sofy,

Travel safely and enjoy your time in BDG!!!!!

cheers

PRis, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

Hey Everyone!!

I just got back from Bandung last Friday and what a wonderful 6 days I had!!

Love the people of Bandung, they are just super nice and super courteous, unlike some other countries with seemingly forced customer service. Everyone we encountered in Bandung were genuine and warm. We love them!

Love the sights and sounds of Bandung! It was definitely a great idea to travel from Sunday to Friday, after the weekend crowd has left, and it was certainly to our great advantage as Singaporeans, that Malaysia school holiday was over and Indonesia school holiday would only officially start from 23rd June onwards, , so we didn't have to hassle with crowds much actually.

Love the FOS and distros and Pasar Baru and Kartika Sari! And because of the point mentioned above, when we were shopping at these places, it was not crowded at all. In fact, FO cashier counters were empty so we need not queue most of the time. However I feel that Rumah Mode is overly rated. I prefer other FOs, especially those in Dago and Riau areas. Cheaper and more variety, plus the traffic in Sukajadi area is not good, as compared to Riau and Dago. IMHO anyway.

Love Mulia Car Rental Service! The correspondent was ever prompt in returning my emails and picking calls, in fact she emailed me back almost immediately everytime and their drivers were reliable and trustworthy. It was a very good experience for us using them.

Love Bandung food! Although, I agree with you guys that Kg Daun is overrated as well. It has a nice

ambience but food was just so-so, should have tried Sindang Reret as suggested. Well.. there's always next time.. :)

Loved the Trans Luxury Hotel, luxurious indeed! It smelled so heavenly every time we enter the hotel.. love love love.. And the toiletries... wow. The attached mall helped a lot and we even did some shopping there. Food was aplenty and I especially enjoyed eating at Pepper Lunch, since it's not Halal in Singapore.

Our stay at the Luxton was good too, but of course it's not fair to compare it to the Trans Luxury Hotel. It's more catered to business people, but we were happy there nontheless. I like that food was all around the hotel.. Dago Plaza is just a stone's throw away and we even walked to Jln Riau FO district. Though it was a healthy 10 minutes walk, it was convenient and we felt very safe even though we walked till after dark. Guys, if my 60+ overweight mom can do it, you guys definitely can.. :)

Love travelling like locals using the Angkutan Kota service.. so cheap and convenient, no need to walk the 10 minutes.. :) And you get on and off right at your door step, better than buses!

Love the people of the Executive Lounge at the Airport. Guys, remember if you shop at The Secret FO, shop till RP. 500,000 in a single receipt and ask the staff for a voucher that will admit one person free into the Executive Lounge of the Airport. If not, it's a reasonable RP.75,000 per person, but you sit in comfort and its free flow of food and drinks till your flight time.. they even take care of the Airport tax and your passports and boarding passes too.. wonderful!

Overall, we enjoyed Bandung. The funny thing is that we only realised it when we left. We were there reasonaly long.. 6 days in total.. so it gave us a chance to really get comfortable with Bandung and have a good feel of the place and people. My mom was so skeptical about going to Bandung at first, what with the famous traffic jam and rumours of beggars along the streets, but traffic was really not so bad at all when we were there, and beggars were a not so common sight. now she's asking when we'll go again, cause she wants to go again too!

I really, really want to thank Schonefeld, Cirque and the rest of you guys whose names I didn't mention for your invaluable advise and reassurance. It made me so confident and aware.. Thanks again guys.. I will definitely be back in Bandung. It's such a bustling city with lovely people and good shopping. Just make sure to plan ahead and plan carefully, around the scheduled holidays and weekends especially.. My friend's experience was totally different from mine, she went a week before I did but didn't do as much planning as I had I guess, and her family didn't really enjoy Bandung. But I believe with proper planning and enough reading and asking, you'll have the same great time I had.

Edited: 9:14 pm, June 26, 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

I'm glad that you have a good time visiting Bandung. Thank you for the trip report, it will be useful for other travelers in arranging their trip to Bandung.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
51,318 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Bandung Trip June 2013

Su_Sofy,

I`m extremely glad that you and your family enjoyed your trip, and our combined effort made it easier and more memorable. Appreciate your praise and kind words.

regards

Schonefeld

( please be back one day or another)

Get answers to your questions about Bandung