We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Bandung a safe and good place for kids aged 5 and 7

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Is Bandung a safe and good place for kids aged 5 and 7

I read a lot of great stuff about Bandung. My concern is whether its safe for my kids. And I heard there is a lot of touts around. Is it true?

Where is the best place to stay? Please advice.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Bandung a safe and good place for kids aged 5 and 7

Hi mentisng,

In my opinion, touts hardly attack young children. They're more likely interested to inexperienced travelers rather than to attack people based on their age group.

As a safety precaution, it's always best to follow wherever your kids are going (or ask them to follow you wherever you're going). Always keep your children under your own supervision at all times, adhere to safety rules of each place that you visit and you should be fine.

<<Where is the best place to stay?>> It's all depending on your interest and activities; some go to Bandung for shopping (hence, hotels near shopping place is the best option), some others go for relaxation (thus, a resort or highlands retreat house can be considered), and many other activities. Accommodation is also varied by budget whereby as travelers, you can choose one based on the budget that you have

Edited: 8:13 am, January 07, 2013
Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Bandung a safe and good place for kids aged 5 and 7

generally bandung is safe for children. however, always keep your children under your own supervision. especially in crowded area like pasar baru.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,541 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Bandung a safe and good place for kids aged 5 and 7

mentisng,

If you let your children to play on BDG street unattended, surely - it will be not the wisest decision in your life. But if you travel together in a rented transport, visit place like a family ect...... and you PERSONALLY carry full responsibility for your kids` wellbeing... 100% - BDG is safe enough for your children!!!!!!

How can a tout be a thread to kids who are watched out by their parent?????

4. Re: Is Bandung a safe and good place for kids aged 5 and 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 09, 2014