We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

Hope someone there can describe the conditions if it rained.

Mijas, Spain
Level Contributor
857 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

Has been pretty rainy all over Java these days. Look here:

weather-forecast.com/locations/…latest

Theo

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

Always bring umbrella or raincoat if you travel to Java these days, weather is predicted to be rainy throughout the month

Bandung
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

yes, it is raining here. rain usually fall till february.

Bandung
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

been absoluetly "hissing" down here in Setiabudi near Bandung....hilly so no local flooding.....some low lying areas (well clear of the main Hotels) have flooded....still ok to visit all the sites of Bandung....rain usually falls in the afternoon and evening....our mornings are mostly crips and clear...Bandung a Tropical Camelot?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,829 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

<<flashpack9>>

Predicting weather is a monkey business........... In general - the condition is OK, roads are functional/ manageable, traffic jams are the same................

Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

Thanks for all your replies. I will postpone my trip.

Bandung
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

hope you dont mind this further suggestion before you put back your plans....but touring is usually quite ok in the mornings and this is before there are traffic jams....as mentioned the rain usually falls afternoons and evenings....and this time can be spent inside nice n dry factory outlets, malls etc (if you like them of course)....or resting at the Hotel before going out in the evening....the wet season is usually (circa) 8 months (the other 4 months is "dry")...my friend Aldhy (an excellent driver by the way who has his own new car) says the wet season is from September for 8 months onwards....but there can be several days of dry periods.....it does not rain every day....and the storms are never typhoon or cyclone like. The Bandung weather is "gentle" not severe....and never ever too hot.....and never ever cold!

Driver Aldhy is excellent with those traffic jams finding detours around congested areas...and knowing the times to go....I'd like to write more about Aldhy, but I do not want to make it appear like an advertisement, more like a service to TA users.....

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,829 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

favenchi,

i ask you KINDLY to avoid any promoton of individuals in this forum. All attempts will be reported and deleted .....thanks

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

favenchi,

not only your post in #7 is out of topic, but the content is full of advertisement already...

10. Re: Any rain in Bandung these last few days ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:51 pm, January 30, 2013