We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel should I stay?

Milkyway
Level Contributor
10 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel should I stay?

Hi everyone, I'll be spending 3 nights (Tues, Wed & Thurs) in Bandung this November with my mother and my grandparents. Our objectives are shopping, visiting Tangkuban Perahu and trying variety of Indonesian food. I'll be hiring a driver to bring us around Bandung. The problem is, I'm having a hard time deciding on my accommodation there.

Since I'm travelling with older people, it would be great to stay at a nice and peaceful hotel with a great view. But at the same time, since it is far, the travel time might be longer.

So, I would really want to know whether it is worth staying far away for the view or it is a waste of time to travel back and forth for 3 days from the hotel to city centre for food and shopping purposes.

Please advise me on this matter and correct me if I got certain parts wrong. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Option 1: Grand Serela Bandung

Pros:

1. Near city centre

2. Everyone will be staying in the same room since I booked the grand family room

Cons:

1. Not so much of a view from our hotel room

2. No swimming pool

Option 2: The Valley Resort Hotel

Pros:

1. Amazing view of Bandung from our hotel room

2. Swimming pool is available

Cons:

1. Far from city centre (how long will it takes to get to city centre?)

Option 3: Bumi Bandhawa Hotel

Pros:

1. Quiet and away from city centre

2. Swimming pool is available

3. Green concept

Cons:

1. Far from city centre (how long will it takes to get to city centre?)

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel should I stay?

If I were given a choice to stay in Bandung!! I will give my vote to Grand Selera Hotel.. It is in the city centre and near to everywhere.. especially if your main activity is trying Indonesian food and shopping.. Out of convenience reason..

You can stay at more peaceful places.. but it will be probably around 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on the traffic.. But unless you are planning not to go out after checking inside the hotel at night, I don't see the point of staying in these areas.. Not many food to east outside the hotel

I don't know about the views about Grand Selera.. if views are your main concern, the views at Sensa Hotel is excellent from the room IMO,.. just ask the hotel to give you the higher floors and the one facing the Pasupati Bridge and it also faces the mountains as well.. It is located right below a shopping centre.. Wins in terms of convenience..

Just my two cents..

Cheers..

Edited: 12:27 pm, October 19, 2012
Milkyway
Level Contributor
10 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel should I stay?

Thanks a lot Stefzzz. I'll take your opinions into consideration before making my choice.

Edited: 12:24 am, October 20, 2012
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,213 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel should I stay?

<<Our objectives are shopping, visiting Tangkuban Perahu and trying variety of Indonesian food.>>

hey Black C,

As you stated SHOPPING as your no` priority, choose GRAND SERELA with confidence.

Also options yo consider ( as extra choice);

Grand Seriti

Grand Pacific

Banana Inn

Golden Flower

Swissbelhotel Arion

Milkyway
Level Contributor
10 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel should I stay?

Thanks Schonefeld for your feedback. I'll take a look at your recommendations before making my decision.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,213 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel should I stay?

Black C,

You`re most welcome...

Happy planning!

jakarta
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel should I stay?

Grand Serela's rooms are small..... The atmosphere of the hotel itself is not relaxing. But It has strategic location for shopping. The rate is also very competitive.

Banana Inn (under same management with Serela) has better room, better atmosphere, and located on higher side of town (colder, fresher air), but rather far away from central shopping area. It is closer to "Rumah Mode": a big outlet store; favorite among domestic shoppers.

Most relaxing hotel in Bandung (IMHO) is Padma Hotel. Almost as good as staying in mountainside. More luxurious. But it is a good 20min drive from nearest shopping area.

Milkyway
Level Contributor
10 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel should I stay?

Thanks for your recommendations boleder. I'll give them some thoughts.

8. Re: Which hotel should I stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 24, 2013