We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe for us to wait at airport until morning?

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Topic
Is it safe for us to wait at airport until morning?

Hi,

My best friend and I are planning to go for a trip to Bandung in Dec 2012. It is first time for both us (girls). Basically, most cheaper flight tickets are during nights. If I arrived at 12.30 midnight, we plan to stay at the airport until morning. My main concerns are:

Is it safe?

Any shops esp cafe available and open 24/7?

At least we can stay until brood daylight then proceed to city,

Thus, we wont have to check in at hotel in the night (I think it a waste since 12.30 midnite)

I welcome all feed backs and suggestions.

Thank you (",)

Ps : If you have interesting yet affordable travel package for two do let us know..

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,937 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe for us to wait at airport until morning?

Hello dear aesha_farhana and welcome to the forum!

1/ << If I arrived at 12.30 midnight, we plan to stay at the airport until morning. My main concerns are: Is it safe? >>

I have to tell you that it`s EXTREMELY bad idea to spend a night in the airport, as BDO is nothing like Changi or KLIA, but a poor small broomcupboard with literally no place to sit.

The best solution:

to choose a day-time flight or

to pay for extra night in the hotel and proceed to the lodging right after touch down.

2/ << If you have interesting yet affordable travel package for two do let us know..>>

We are not travel agents to offer * travel packages* and i strongly advice to avoid anyone who may approach you via this forum or PM with similar offer. All scam - be warned.

The main purpose of TA is to educate visitors HOW to make travel plans on your OWN and have the most efficient travel. The knowledge are for THOSE only who are eager to learn and listen......................

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe for us to wait at airport until morning?

I would second Schonefeld's advice.. Staying overnight at any airport in Indonesia is like spending a night in a bus terminal and I think it's a false economy when you deprive yourself from sleeping and become very tired the next day..

<<Ps : If you have interesting yet affordable travel package for two do let us know..>>

i am afraid we do not have any..

Have a look at the itineraries made by previous posters and learn from there.. Usual transport in Bandung is rented car and taxis.. Depending on your needs..

http://www.wikitravel.org

is a good source of info for research..

Cheers

Edited: 6:15 am, July 31, 2012
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe for us to wait at airport until morning?

I agree with above posters, I would never stay at the airport especially when toucan find somewhere basic but clean just 10 minutes away. Get some sleep and then you will be feeling much better for your travels the next day.

bandung
Level Contributor
210 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe for us to wait at airport until morning?

Just stay at hotel at jln pasirkaliki (10-15min) from airport, or near cheap guesthouse at kebon kawung area, in front of train station

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe for us to wait at airport until morning?

Bandung airport is not a place to wait overnight. It's more like a Subang Skypark in terms of size and amenity. Thus, it is much better to just check-in to the hotel (you can't trade your safety with the cost that you need to incur to stay an extra night). Otherwise, consider getting an earlier flight (maybe the next day)

6. Re: Is it safe for us to wait at airport until morning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 21, 2013