We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to use Angkot

KL
2 posts
Save Topic
How to use Angkot

Hi all, will be visiting Bandung on 5 June 2012 to 7 June 2012 with my wife. We will be staying at Holiday Inn and seek your advise/tips on "how to use Angkot" from our hotel to nearest F.Os,Chiwalk,Jln Riau etc

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,050 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to use Angkot

The best way to travel short distance within the city is just to catch a taxi.... the latest travel who wanted to save few IDR and forfeited this simple advise ended with his iphone stole in angkot...............

your odds are similar..............

( i do not even talk about broken windows, no doors and general un-cleanness of the vehicles).,

KL
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to use Angkot

Thanks for the respon..rcvd same advice from my frens this morning and i'm thinking taxi is the best option and suit with our ittenary :-)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,050 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to use Angkot

<<.rcvd same advice from my frens this morning an>>

I just wonder whose was the most convincing in your opinion??????...LOL

Edited: 1:07 am, May 17, 2012
Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to use Angkot

Hi,

Here is advise for the intrepid traveler.

There are 2 main lines that should iinterest the reader. Klapa - Dago and Lemband - Stasion.

Klapa to Dago basically travels up and down Jalan Dago, uphill for North and downhill for South. It connects all of the FOs on Dago and even goes as far as the Sheraton hotel.

Lembang Stasion passes right by Rumah Mode and connects to Sensa Hotel and the whole Chihampelas Jeans Street.

Another handy route are the angkots marked Margahayu to Lembang. This connects Jalan Rhiau and Rumah Mode.

Standard fare is Rp 2000 per person. Pay to the driver after you have gotten off. People are friendly so just ask ask your fellow passengers where to get off in doubt.

Angkots are to be avoided at rush hour and in the rain. Uncomfortable to say the least. The rest of the day, they make an interesting diversion to meet up with ordinary folk in Bandung.

Mentioned in this post
Sensa Hotel
Sensa Hotel
519 Reviews
Bandung, Indonesia
Lembang
Lembang
West Java, Indonesia
Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: How to use Angkot

I guess it's not really a bad idea if you want to try to use Angkot. I myself got an experience for it during my stay early this year. Just wave your hand like the way you want to call for a taxi if you want to ride it. Since there are plenty of Angkots, dont be afraid to ask their destination beforehand. And if you want to stop, just say "Kiri".. Hahaha, this reminds me of my experience back then. I am not so sure that time what word i need to use to make the vehicle stop so i just ask the local guy beside me.. I said "Kiri" and then maybe i said it quite slow so the driver didnt hear me. Then i said again with force since i was getting a bit far ahead from my original stop followed by "Stop..stop" LOL~

I feel bad after that bcoz the driver keep apologizing to me..huhu~

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,050 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to use Angkot

ryosue84,

i have to bring your attention to the fact that the initial post is dated May 16, 2012, 11:59 AM.

The OP already completed the trip and lost interest to the discussion.

It`s not the brightest idea of the day to revive to dead lines.

Edited: 4:02 am, June 28, 2012
KL
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: How to use Angkot

it is actually very useful to me..cos im going soon, on 10/7/2012. Not as bad as ppl reviewed. so im taking my chance to take angkot. hopefullly, im back in one piece.. :) really appreciate if someone can share colours of angkot and route from mutiara hotel to FOs ie jalan dago, jalan riau and rumah modee. :)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
59,050 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to use Angkot

<<so im taking my chance to take angkot. hopefullly, im back in one piece.. >>

whatever you prefer, dear........................

9. Re: How to use Angkot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:48 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bandung