We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far?

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dwellingup...
Level Contributor
291 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
How far?

Hello there :)

Can someone please tell me how far Cianjur is from the airport and if there is much accommodation options nearby?

Thank you

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,450 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far?

Cianjur is a city in the West Java province of Indonesia, the capital of Cianjur Regency. Cianjur is located along one the main roads between Jakarta (120 km in the northwest) and Bandung (60 km to the east).

What`s your purpose of visit to Cianjur ( The city mainly produces agricultural products, especially rice)????

Or you mean a different place?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far?

Hi

I believe you are referring to the beach of Cianjur, isn't it? The beaches is located at the south of Cianjur Regency, it covers a large area (you should narrow down to the name of the village - or "kecamatan" to know the approximate area and travelling route). From the "cianjur town", some of the beaches are further 1,5 to 2 hours drive away

Dwellingup...
Level Contributor
291 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far?

My husband is wanting to inspect some drilling equipment that is located there whilst we are holidaying in Bali.

He thought it might be nice for me and our two children (3 & 5) to come with him but I wanted to find out a bit more about . The visit would include an overnight stay maybe.

Thanks so much for your help!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far?

if you can ask your husband on more detailed location, then it would be easier for you to plan where to stay; there is a possibility you can visit the southern beach of Cianjur, or in case it is in the town, you can stay at bigger city nearby which offer more activities for the family.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,450 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far?

<<My husband is wanting to inspect some drilling equipment that is located there whilst we are holidaying in Bali. >>

I see zero interesting in expecting a drilling equipment and it`s unfair to destruct you and kids from the Bali vacation with the such prospect.

To ask a particular question you have to check with your husband the EXACT location/ address of the comp[any/ drilling sight he`d like to inspect.

Dwellingup...
Level Contributor
291 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far?

Thanks, I'll try to get some further info from my husband. He is drilling out of mobile phone range so it might be a day or so until I can speak with him.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,450 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How far?

ok, sure...........

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far?

Hi,

Cianjur starts from the south side of Puncak pass and goes all the way to South Coast of Java.

Your best option would be to stay in one of the hill towns in Cainajur. There are attractions to keep the kids occupied, although it gets awfully crowded on the weekends. Try the Novus Puncak if the company is picking up the hotel tab. LOL.

If your husband is indeed going to the South Coast, I would not drag the kids along. It is an ardous 6 hour drive from Cianjur to the Coast. The roads are not in good condition and the tourist infrastructure somewhat lacking.

You might want to consider volunteering in one of the many rural villages that have aid programs for locals. PM me if you are interested. It will not be comfortable, but it may be something you may want your kids to experience.

Cheers.

9. Re: How far?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:43 am, June 19, 2013