We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shisha Pipe/Hookah

Which Bandung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Topic
Shisha Pipe/Hookah

Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere i can buy a shisha pipe in Bandung?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

Why do you want to buy Shisha pipe in Bandung? If there is, surely the price will be moreover the same as in Perth because it's being imported...

2. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, March 29, 2012
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

I am fully aware that Bandung isnt in Turkey or syria!

They are available in Jakarta & thought it might be the case in Bandung too.

It is such a shame that the TA forum is becoming more like other forums with certain contributors regularly being down right rude in their responses to legitimate questions.

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

<<The tradition is out of the place over here. Wrong call..........>>

I don't think so.. Indonesians do love Shisha (including myself) and have quite a growing fan base, though still not widespread practice though.. That is sometimes complemented with cigarrettes.. hahahaa.. Authentic Shisha pipes are very difficult to find IMO especially in Bandung..

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

Stefzzz

Thankyou for your response, i appreciate it :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

was always told ...if youv got nothing constructive to say ..dont bother at all, !!

see this is getting pretty ugly on here !!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

How you can categorize a suggestion of "don't bother to buy it in Bandung as the price will be moreover the same as in Perth since it is being imported" is being categorized as not constructive? Nor OP would appreciate the message that I'm trying to deliver just because the post after mine is giving sentiment of rudeness to OP... I felt intimidated with the comment whilst all I'm trying to do is to give realistic answer.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

why would you feel intimidated ? by my comment which was in answer to post 2

im sure travel nut knows the price of a shisha pipe in australia, if they are like me i like to buy items from the country i visit , even if i can buy the same thing at home , the OP was only asking does any one know if one can be bought in bandung , a plain yes or no would do !

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

Cirque

Actually they aren't available in Perth, just as Maggieomx says, i like to buy things i find in other countries.

Aside from the fact it is contributing to the local economy, i often find that a lot of my purchases, on my travels, are very unique & are a lovely way of documenting those travels.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shisha Pipe/Hookah

Hi travelnutVictoria,

It's the same then as in here. Shisha pipes are only a popular item among certain community only (Middle Eastern) and the number are not that much in Jakarta or Bandung. There are few cafes/pub which offer shisha smoking, but not selling it. West Javanese don't smoke shisha btw and thus when you ask your original query, it does really sounds weird in the first place. Hope you can understand.

If you'd like something to bring home from Bandung or other part of west Java, the common souvenir items are wayang golek ("Wooden puppet"), angklung (musical instrument made from bamboo), or local produce including leather goods (shoes, bags, belts, etc) and Bandung is popular as food heaven, but I'm sure you are not allowed to bring any nature products back to Australia. (once a lady from Brisbane was very interested in wooden bookmark, but she denied to purchase it knowing it is banned to be brought back to Australia).

The only thing left is various kind of batik clothing then (west Javanese batik is of different motives than central javanese). They are available as cloths, shirts, pareto, etc.

Edited: 7:02 pm, March 29, 2012